Thread: Speakers

riverratrob
    When I am looking at 6.5 speakers online they will say coaxial or component what is the difference? What is the better one.

Concept1
    Components are better, the mid and tweeter are seperate so you can control the frequence of both to what you want.

JENKDICK
    components are better but more expensive and more of a pain in the ars to install as they come with a crossover too.

riverratrob
    Components are better, the mid and tweeter are seperate so you can control the frequence of both to what you want.
    So I already have a system in place do I need to run seperate wiring for the twee's or is it wired with the speaker?

Concept1
    So I already have a system in place do I need to run seperate wiring for the twee's or is it wired with the speaker?
    You only need to run a wire to the tweet from wherever you put the crossover, the origional wires that connect your speakers now go to the input section og the crossover that comes with the component speakers. Then you run new wires from the crossover to the mid, and another set of wires to the tweeter.

STV_Keith
    Component sets usually come with a cross over. Co-axials can have the cross over built onboard, or they can be external as well. The Memphis co-axials I just installed had an external cross over.
    Either way, you will run your +/- speaker wire to the input of the cross over, then the cross over will have a separate +/- output for the tweeter and mid/mid-bass driver.

Mr. Naudio
    Component sets usually come with a cross over. Co-axials can have the cross over built onboard, or they can be external as well. The Memphis co-axials I just installed had an external cross over.
    Either way, you will run your +/- speaker wire to the input of the cross over, then the cross over will have a separate +/- output for the tweeter and mid/mid-bass driver.
    If anybody gets the Memphis marine 6x9s check the wire from the crossover to the tweet(love that word for some reason)they have been wired out of phase from the factory,we put new connecters on the tweeter wires to correct the prob.

riverratrob
    If anybody gets the Memphis marine 6x9s check the wire from the crossover to the tweet(love that word for some reason)they have been wired out of phase from the factory,we put new connecters on the tweeter wires to correct the prob.
    hey mr. Naudio let me pick youre brain I am looking at JL speakers for my boat does it make a difference if I use m650-ccx(marine) or the evolution zr650-csi(auto).

Mr. Naudio
    hey mr. Naudio let me pick youre brain I am looking at JL speakers for my boat does it make a difference if I use m650-ccx(marine) or the evolution zr650-csi(auto).
    No comparison use the marines.

shrek
    Can you put covers on the JL Marine units?
    Owners Manual says you cannot remove the grill, and that if you do, you will damage the tweeter wiring?
    Thanks,
    Shrek