Thread: Place Diverter On Panther

PANTHERJET
    Has Anyone Out There Had Good Luck With Modifying A Place Diverter To Fit A Panhter And Had Good Luck With It If So What Kind Of Changes Did You See

horsepwr
    Panther rebuilt my pump ($3500) part of the cost was the diverter. The problem was that is was mounted inside the nozzle. Not enough travel up or down. Did not help at all. You can't see a difference at all. I was not pleased.

PANTHERJET
    Did You See Any Gains With The Sleeve Or Not Much

horsepwr
    no gains of anykind.....! for slow cruising they are fine. i would say not to put a lot of $$$ in it.

PANTHERJET
    Thanks For The Info

wrenchdaddy
    ADM built prototype that basically allowed you to bolt a berkeley nozzle and then a place diverter on the end of the panther but the results sucked. Berkeley nozzles are a lot smaller in diameter than the panthers 4 inch so it wouldn;t allow enough water through. One of the guys on the board Cas, posted something up a while back about a conversion kit that allows you to basically mount a berk pump to the panther intake but it takes some $$ and i don;t think its available yet. I have done a lot of research into panthers and the "diverter" they sell is not what you would expect out of a diverter on a berk pump. Yes it adgusts the attitude of the boat and from what I;ve heard actually helps speed a little and porpoising issues, but that huge rooster tail we're all looking for has yet to be found for the panther jets. I am currently in the middle of fabricating something for my panther that will hopefully work like any other diverter does and shoot a huge rooster. When its done I will post up all the results, it should be done by april/may.

Cas
    this was taken just after I got out of it
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...Casrooster.jpg
    the roost was a bit higher than this with the Panther diverter. It netted my old boat about 3mph and made a big difference in the ability to adjust the attitude of the boat. I sold that pump to a friend of mine who got a 6mph gain in his Tahiti bubble deck.
    Before you do anything, you should check the bottom of your hull for hook. If it has it, and depending how much, you should look into getting it fixed before doing much more.

PANTHERJET
    I Blue Printed The Bottom When I Re Painted The Boat And At The Same Time I Put Full Length Bunks On My Trailer So That The Trailer Wouldnt Cause The Problem Again

Cas
    here's a link to the other thread regarding the conversion
    Panther Diverter (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showt...hlight=panther)