Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZILLOW.COM - Type in your house address

carbonmarine
    GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZ ... Irrational Exuberance at its finest !!!
    If ya look around town, it explain's why mt Dad's neighbor " The Socal Worker for Orange Child Services " is Driving one of those new Bentley's !!! lol.
    ** Can't wait to go shopping here & in Havi when this runs out ... It's going
    to be like Katrina, only Zero Destruction...
    Rick32

riverracerx
    My house is worth more than it says.

Ziggy
    I found this site a week or so ago.......
    interesting........
    but like in the car biz and BlueBook..........you can only think of it as a guide and not gospel by any means.....market conditions change.

Flyinbowtie
    It appears to be pretty accurate in some of the urban areas, at least as far as road locations, etc.
    But out here in the sticks, it is really screwed up.
    Roads where there are none, houses where they aren't, etc.

MagicMtnDan
    Another way people can find out too much about you on the Internet. :yuk:

Ziggy
    It appears to be pretty accurate in some of the urban areas, at least as far as road locations, etc.
    But out here in the sticks, it is really screwed up.
    Roads where there are none, houses where they aren't, etc.
    I noticed the same when I punched in my Havasu addy.......street names that did not exist near me.......all of them, but my street name was correct and the layout of the streets looked correct.
    It'll probably need some fine tuning.......
    Dan, more like an easier way to find out stuff about you, with superb accuracy

riverroyal
    thats a close price,id say right on,,,plus you can see me in my backyard!

Desert Rat
    Mine is listed about $100,000 to $120,000 low. It does not take into account 1000 sq ft garage or upgrades.. Low on all the recent sales too :idea:

HM
    The site is in Beta mode. The ex-CEO of expedia is behind it and there is some major $$$$$$ behind this site. I have been using it since November, but it just went beta to the publice about a week ago. Many lenders are behind making this site happen. Many appraisers are worried along with real estate agents because the goal of this site is to make appraisers obsolete and to reduce commissions making selling a home cheaper. The guy has a proven track record as expedia was instrumental in driving 80% of all travel to the internet and the travel industry has seen a drop of 40% in agents.
    They are claiming a 7% accuracy rating. Has worked well for me on checking values. I have only had a couple that were way off. I send official appraisals on properties to Zillow when their value is way off. You can fine tune a value on the site as well with updates on square footage, improvements, and etc. It is a good place to see what adding square footage to your house can do to the value. If my house had 400 more sq ft, the value jumps almost $200K. I checked with my regular appraiser, and that was damn close.
    A lot of nay sayers out there, but the lending industry is VERY interested in making home values much more scientific and less of an art form. I like it.

lalhc
    It's a "scientific" way of appraising, and all additions will not be taken into consideration, especially if proper permits were never filed w/your local city or county.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast