Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cox Cable v. Dish Network/satellite...

Jordy
    OK, so my HD Cox Cable box went out on Tuesday evening. Call them first thing on Wednesday to see about swapping it out or getting a tech out to look at it (aka swapping it out). Am told that they can send a tech out and I can't just take the box down and exchange it as they don't allow that anymore. This is on Wednesday morning, remember. So she then tells me that the first tech that is available will be mid-morning on Friday and will that work for me???
    The more I think about this, the more it kind of pisses me off. I have my cable and internet with them and have since I've been in this house, which is going on 7 years and this kind of service is unacceptable, especially at the $150 a month I spend with them between cable and internet. They're hard to beat for internet out here, but I'm wondering what the Dish deal is like these days???
    Anyone???

djunkie
    If your talking about the interent through the satelite deal it sucks. My friend has it and hates it.

Jordy
    If your talking about the interent through the satelite deal it sucks. My friend has it and hates it.
    Nah, I'd have to keep cable for that. I'm talking Dish Network/Direct TV kind of satellite.

Jyruiz
    I have gone thru this same problem with DirecTV, my HD box was not working correctly, I called them and they overnight another one to me. I did have there service contract though. I use to have cable and found there CS lacking compared to DirecTV, this is just my experience though.

JENKDICK
    Jordy I Have Had Directv For 5 Years And Have Had Nothing But Good Luck With Them. There Hd Service Is Awesome. I Bought A 1080p 56" Tv 8 Months Ago And It Is The Best High Def I Have Seen. Plus They Have Nfl Sunday Ticket. They Will Have More About 50-100 More Hd Channels In The 3rd Or 4th Quarter Of This Year As They Are Launching 2 New Sattelites. I Wouldnt Use Them For Internet Though Really Expensive. Try Embarq For Internet I Think It Is $50 For 5 Meg. Just My .02

djunkie
    Nah, I'd have to keep cable for that. I'm talking Dish Network/Direct TV kind of satellite.
    Can't help you there. I had Direct tv about 6 years ago and hated it. The quality was good (well except if it was raining real hard then it would phuck up) but I just couldn't stand how most of the cable channels were on east coast time. Not sure if its still the same.

acatitude
    not sure about az, but I had all the stuff thru cable for tv internet and it was about 150 a month. seems to go up every couple months, so i got dish all the movie channels( which suck cuzz its the same shit over and over) 66 a month, and att has here for 55 a month 24/7 flat rate calling anywheres in US and dsl for internet. no increase for at least a year. saved a few bucks over cable and seems worth it so far.
    I think its like shopping car insurance, you always get a deal the first year then they hit ya on the second, so I seem to be changing my car insurance every year, fock em, I just play the game.
    oh this is probably worthless info, just noticed the HD, I dont have all that bling shiat, basic tv works for my old eyes..and I have a boat, I can't afford any other extras

Caljamr
    Exactly. Nothing beats cox cable is what i've found. It's the best of the worst if you know what i mean.

Hustler
    we have had DTV for about 10 years and have always had great customer service with them. Our local cable provider pissed me off 10 years ago and I have never looked back. The best part is be able to take with us in the trailer.

squirt'nmyload
    have directv and use cox for internet......no problems with directv...love it

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast