Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: damn.

wsuwrhr
    Dammit!
    Now that's a good attitude.J
    Attitude? That is what I was told when I asked about my boat getting torn up.
    You'd be surprised. Claims are paid all the time.J
    Maybe I should have. I didn't think anything would come of it, and I didn't want to spend anymore time on it.
    I may be the minority here, but with a family on the water, LE's in tin boats are my friends.J
    Wait until you,the perfect citizen I am sure, gets pulled over, and your gel that you personally spent months working on gets damaged.
    When you are travelling down the highway in your Suburban, with your family inside, gets pulled over on the way to the river, and the officer comes alongside, makes a nice scratch on your 40,000 vehicle. WTF are you going to do about it?
    NOTHING, plain and simple. It isn't worth the hassle. I'll just take care of it.
    It had nothing to do with breaking the law, it has to do with LE conducting themselves with professionalism.
    We should have moved to an area that was appropriate for a stop.
    Need I remind you MY family was in that boat as well.
    Brian

Big Proppa
    Perfect weather - 82 and sunny - Just went down to pull the spectra home, actually I was pretty happy it was still in storage. Want to do a few more things to the pump, add some swim steps, paint it, you know! the usual off season shit.
    Would have loved to have spent the day on the water but had to look at used travel trailers in camp. Trying to get my sh%t together before summer.
    Found out some great news while I was down there. I'm only 15 th. on the list for a beach front, started out at 50 four years ago. (SWEET)
    I say lets not wait for summer, I'm sure big river is real nice in March
    I'll through some pics up later and let you guys decide.

bigriverdog
    Mike, Don't be to jealous, there wasn't enough water to float an inner-tube, but the Parker 400 was pretty cool.

dmontzsta
    Perfect weather - 82 and sunny - Just went down to pull the spectra home, actually I was pretty happy it was still in storage. Want to do a few more things to the pump, add some swim steps, paint it, you know! the usual off season shit.
    Sad but true in todays society.

wsuwrhr
    Found out some great news while I was down there. I'm only 15 th. on the list for a beach front, started out at 50 four years ago. (SWEET)
    With any luck attrition will be on your side for the last 5 people or so.
    Brian

jbone
    When you are travelling down the highway in your Suburban, with your family inside, gets pulled over on the way to the river, and the officer comes alongside, makes a nice scratch on your 40,000 vehicle. WTF are you going to do about it?
    It had nothing to do with breaking the law, it has to do with LE conducting themselves with professionalism.
    We should have moved to an area that was appropriate for a stop.
    A complaint/claim definately sounds in order. By letting it go, how do you expect things (cops) to change?
    To lighten things up here, I attached something I always thought was funny. I'm sure you've seen it before.
    "I would like to know how it is possible for police officer to harass people and get away with it? And where can you go for help, other than a civil attorney?"
    And the answer was:
    "It is not easy. In California we average one cop for every 2000 people. About 60% of those cops are on patrol, where we do most of the harassing. One-fifth of that 60% are on duty at any moment and available for harassing people. So, one on duty cop is responsible to harass about 10,000 residents. When you toss in the commercial, business, and tourist locations that attract people from other areas, sometimes you have a situation where a single cop is responsible to try to harass 20,000+ people a day.
    A ten hour shift runs 36,000 seconds. This gives a cop only one second to harass a person, and three-fourths of a second to eat a donut AND find a new person to harass. This is not an easy task. Most cops are not up to it day in and day out. It is just too tiring.
    Since you now understand why we cannot harass everyone let me explain briefly what we do to utilize some special "tools" to help us narrow down who we harass, so we can focus our limited "harassing resources" to those most worthy individuals. They are as follows:
    The Phone:
    People will call us up and point out things that cause us to focus
    on another person for special (concentrated) harassment. "My ex-husband just beat me and my boyfriend up and he is barricaded in the bedroom with our baby and a gun, or "My neighbor is beating up his wife and she is screaming for help" are a couple code phrases that are frequently employed. Then we come out and give special harassment to the wife beater. Another popular one on weekends is "My neighbors are out of town and their kids are having a loud party."
    Cars:
    We have special cops assigned to harass people who drive; They usually ride motorcycles so they can get around fast or cut through traffic to harass as many people as possible in their given shift. They like to harass the drivers of fast cars, cars blasting music, cars with expired registration tabs, and the like. It is lots of fun when we pick them out of traffic for nothing more obvious then running a red light, going around railroad crossing arms, or driving 20+ MPH over the posted limit in a school zone. Sometimes we get to really heap the harassment on when we find they have drugs in their car, are driving drunk, are unlicensed or have an arrest warrant!
    Runners:
    Some people take off running at the mere sight of a uniformed police officer. Nothing is quite as satisfying as running after them like a trained
    beagle on the scent of a bunny. When we catch them, gosh darn it if there isn't always some good reason to harass them for hours!
    Codes:
    When we can think of nothing else to do, there are books that give us
    ideas for reasons to harass folks. They are called Codes, Penal, Vehicle, Health and Safety, Business and Professions... They each spell out all sorts of silly things for which we can really mess with people. After we study these code books, we can just drive around for a while until we find someone violating one of the listed offenses and heap on the harassment! Just last week I saw a guy smash several car windows right in front of me. Well, believe it or not, one of the code books says that is not allowed. That meant I automatically got to harass this guy...of course he didn't like it, because just when I got done harassing him, the jail deputies harassed him and that will likely continue until the judge harasses him, then he will probably be harassed by a probation officer for the next couple of years. It is a pretty cool system that we have set up, and it works very well most of the time. We seem to have a never ending supply of folks to harass, and we "get away with it" because the good citizens pay the tab for us to keep the streets safe for them...and your civil attorney.

wsuwrhr
    A complaint/claim definately sounds in order. By letting it go, how do you expect things (cops) to change?
    If you think you can change things in LE, please, I want to live in your world. How pleasant it would be, does everyone hold hands and dance in a circle singing kumbyya?
    We as a society can hardly change how our government runs. LE? Yea right.
    As I stated. I didn't think anything would come of it. Being that I lived so far away from Parker, it would take more of my time than it would just to fix it myself.
    As far as the harassment thing goes...I will type it again, perhaps you will read it this time and not pass over it again.
    I NEVER said I didn't deserve a ticket.
    I said I didn't deserve my boat getting damaged just because a cop wanted to show my passengers and I who was in control.
    There were better ways to handle the situation.
    Brian

jbone
    Okay.

disco_charger
    If you think you can change things in LE, please, I want to live in your world. How pleasant it would be, does everyone hold hands and dance in a circle singing kumbyya?
    We as a society can hardly change how our government runs. LE? Yea right.
    As I stated. I didn't think anything would come of it. Being that I lived so far away from Parker, it would take more of my time than it would just to fix it myself.
    As far as the harassment thing goes...I will type it again, perhaps you will read it this time and not pass over it again.
    I NEVER said I didn't deserve a ticket.
    I said I didn't deserve my boat getting damaged just because a cop wanted to show my passengers and I who was in control.
    There were better ways to handle the situation.
    Brian
    Hey Bri, I hear you. There are a lot of cops out there that shouldn't be. But most Cities/Counties do have some sort of Risk Management set up. Next time you should persue it. You worked hard for the stuff you have, and other people shouldn't get to jack it up. Just my .02.

wsuwrhr
    Hey Bri, I hear you. There are a lot of cops out there that shouldn't be. But most Cities/Counties do have some sort of Risk Management set up. Next time you should persue it. You worked hard for the stuff you have, and other people shouldn't get to jack it up. Just my .02.
    Yes sir,
    I just figured they would laugh at me, pretty much say "prove it", not like I could anyway, and I didn't want to be any MORE pissed about the situation.
    Next time? Let's hope not.
    Brian

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast