Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Intake comparison - just knock offs??

GUGS102
    I am in the market for a single plane intake. During my research I keep seeing the Porfessional Products manifolds and am curious if any one has run one, more specifically run one back to back against a "very similar" design from a reputable company on a motor or flow bench, dyno etc.
    I know you get what you pay for and I've paid enough so I thought maybe I can get by with a different approach this time. Let me know your experiences and perhaps we can discuss the details.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...e_Rec_Port.jpg
    And now the merlin
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...lin_Intake.jpg
    Now the victor
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/..._oval_port.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...l_Port-med.jpg
    Just seems as though they are really close. I called the company and they said "well you know there are only so many ways to make a single plane intake..."
    I asked if they did a 3D scan and re-engineer the parts and their answer was "no" So with all the aviable info and choices, what is a guy to do??
    19' hallett 1800lbs (weighed it last week) 489 BBC solid roller 246 .622 single pattern, 9:1 and a 950 HP DP,air gap manifold, no spacer. Thru transom rewarders. Currently pulling a worn out pump to 5400 at 75 on radar, with the water breaking just behind the dash...(don't worry, pump and set up are next)

IMPATIENT 1
    GOOD QUESTION, P,PRODUCTS MAKES SOME NICE LOOKIN INTAKES,THEIR POLISHED INTAKES COST WHAT A SATIN ONE WILL FROM EDELBROCK. :idea:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I was wondering the same thing...

superdave013
    ask this question in the gear heads fourm so Cstrub will see it. He'll know the scoop in those intakes and give ya the straight up answer.

YeLLowBoaT
    I remember reading in some car mag that they had drasticly diffrent CC and flow rates for each runner. Then again It might have been a Diffrent knock off company....

GUGS102
    Good info,
    I do know they say they use a permanent mold rather than a sand cast which depending on how good the tooling is should have less descrepancies in manufacturing. I'll also post in GH and see if we can get some assistance.
    Thanks,
    Gugs

MACHINEHEAD
    Ran a e-vic jr. on pump gas 540 727hp with no mods and an 850 mightymarine
    Ran pro products with same combo but different engine, same dyno, 730hp
    Port match to AFR as cast was worse than e-vic,spent about an hour and a half on it to get it balls. Very happy with the results
    Pro products man+port match = Box stock e-Vic jr. :boxed:

MACHINEHEAD
    If you havnt noticed I do alot of comparos of bolt ons. Keep em com'n

GUGS102
    Machine head,
    Thanks for the info. Sort of what I was wondering for the cost savings and a hour or two porting, to me worth it. I still think the dart will out run it even ported, but the dart is about twice for satin what the PP is polished.
    Thanks,
    Gugs

IMPATIENT 1
    Machine head,
    Thanks for the info. Sort of what I was wondering for the cost savings and a hour or two porting, to me worth it. I still think the dart will out run it even ported, but the dart is about twice for satin what the PP is polished.
    Thanks,
    Gugs
    IF YA BUY ONE GUGS LET US ALL KNOW WHAT YOU FOUND AND THE PERFORMANCE.I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT BUILDING A LITE LAY-UP TUNNEL WITH A SMALL BLOCK.THEY HAVE A NICE POLISHED VORTEC HEAD MANIFOLD THAT'S ONLY @120.00.I WANT TO BUILD A 500HP ON THE BOTTLE MOTOR AND DON'T WANT TO SINK A BUTT LOAD INTO IT IN CASE IT SCATTERS! :idea:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast