Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 87 Hallett Vector price reduction!!!

boatsnblondes
    I am lowering the price on the Hallett to anything between 45-50,000...I feel this is a reasonable asking price for the boat, and after listening to what some of the guys said about it, I think I was way overpriced...come and get it, Chris and I wanna start our family soon, and we need to clear out some toys....anyone like model trains?? I'm selling a BUNCH of those also...

SHOTKALLIN
    45-50k? Obviously you didn't listen very well to the "GUYS"
    Lionel trains? Whatcha got?

Havasu_Dreamin
    I don't recall what all your boat has on it but since a new one is $64,3000 (http://www.hallettboats.com/vector.html)with an HO from Hallett you may still want to rethink the price given it is a 20 y/o boat...

ChumpChange
    I'd recommend not listing it here. List it in the boat trader where this is no discussion. There may be a very very very very very very minute chance that somebody who knows nothing about boats will think it's a good deal and buy it. But that is your only chance to sell it at that price.

MKEELINE
    There's an ass for every seat, but good luck finding that ass!

boatsnblondes
    jeez, you guys. Give me a break here. I spent a lot of money on this thing to rebuild it. New engine, tabs, steering, swimsteps, rebuilt trailer, only original parts left were the battery mounts. Sheesh. I'm not gonna give it away. To buy a new one, as stated above, at 64+ is fine...but with everything I did??I think this is a deal and a half. Maybe you guys just hate vectors??

djunkie
    jeez, you guys. Give me a break here. I spent a lot of money on this thing to rebuild it. New engine, tabs, steering, swimsteps, rebuilt trailer, only original parts left were the battery mounts. Sheesh. I'm not gonna give it away. To buy a new one, as stated above, at 64+ is fine...but with everything I did??I think this is a deal and a half. Maybe you guys just hate vectors??
    Without trying to sound like a dick, I'll have to agree with everyone else. I've got an 1989 Howard that is close to being as clean as yours and I paid $18k for it. Now, even if I put $10k into it, its still an $18k boat. Just giving you my opinion.
    Also I had looked at a couple Vectors before I bought my Howard. They were very clean boats that were under $30k. Just cause you dumped a ton of money into it doesn't mean your gonna get it back.

Havasu_Dreamin
    If you are expecting to get back the money you put into it you're lying to yourself. You will only get back pennies on the dollar for whatever work you did put into it. It's still WAY overpriced for anyone on here to actually buy it...

dumbandyoung
    If you are expecting to get back the money you put into it you're lying to yourself. You will only get back pennies on the dollar for whatever work you did put into it. It's still WAY overpriced for anyone on here to actually buy it...
    Word!
    He told me 2 weeks ago he was just gonna keep it because no one would give him what he wanted.

ski-d
    HMMMMM... I had my Vector w-Race layup, 502 with aluminum heads, Turbo 400 with a #3 and a Triple axle TRL for sale last spring for $24,500... NOBODY bit!!
    Twin Turbo Schiada for $ 65K ( trader)
    210 on Trader w/ 525 SC $ 24,900
    My brothers NWSRA 143 ... 210 w-TT 540 ( 1300 HP!!!) 75K
    I still have mine, I wish you the best of luck. Its a crazy market.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast