Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trial Run

pebo
    Took this out for a trial run today at Elsinore. I knew the gears were Tall but dang!! I never split the box to check them but the seem like 30 something. I have some 12's, Any imput??
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0/100_0435.jpg

Lefty
    Boat looks really nice. 12s seem pretty low I'd think you would want be closer to 18s. It really depends on how much power your making and your prop.

g935
    So, what rpm's did you turn??? You think they feel like 30 something. Give us some info. Did you do a standing start or a rolling, or what? Did the motor feel good?
    Geoff

63stevens
    Put the 12's in and see how it runs. If the rpm's go more than you like try 15's .

BA Kurtis
    So Steve how did it run other than being geared to high?? looks great in the water

LeE ss13
    Is that SuperDaves's Blown Gas Flat he used to run NJBA with? If so, I'm sure it had tall gears.

VDRIVERACING
    Pull back the drive cover and compare the input/output shaft rotation to estimate the overdrive. Also, what was your rpm?

superdave013
    It's not over geared, It's down on power. lol
    If I remember right it has 29's in it.
    I agree with trying the 12's. So other then over geared how did it go? Good to see it back in action.

wsuwrhr
    Damn that boat looks good.
    Cool Pebo, so how did it run?
    I bet ol davie printed that picture out and took it for some "quality time".
    Brian

pebo
    It seemed to run pretty good, But it was just to Dang cold and windy to stay awhile. Just kinda cruised over to the cove and check things out. I only got on it once and it seemed very lazy. Yes Dave, Low on the power side from what it was. So I will swap in the 12's i have and give it a whirl. And speaking of whirl's, man the Lenco clutch is bitchin. Just grab the lever and go! So all in all it went well, except for the fishermen guys yelling at me idling buy at like 20 mph....:jawdrop:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast