Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EBay Question

Jbb
    I bought a used piece of equipment on Ebay,from a seller with a 99.6% feedback.It is a small tiller that was described to be in good running condition.
    It got here undamaged .....it is leaking fuel from the primer bulb and will run only at idle.anything above idle and it stalls.Yesterday the starter cord snapped..
    I emailed the guy describing the problem,and his reply was ...well, did it look like it could have possibly been damaged in shipping......
    I replied that it arrived here in good shape physically and in my opinion there was no damage in shipping....
    I asked him for a shipping label to send this thing back and I asked for a full refund including the $35 shipping ...as it was not as described......I have not yet heard back from him.....
    The question is ...I payed thru paypal on a credit card.....can I go thru the card company and get the charges reversed If he gives me a hard time,or is there something that must be done thru Ebay or Paypal first ?
    This is his stated return policy..Item was NOT listed as is.
    Item must be returned within: 7 Days
    Refund will be given as: Money Back
    Return policy details: We only accept an item for return if we made the mistake in the listing and the item is not in working condition as stated. No returns on items sold "As IS" Most of items we sell are used.If we agree to an item being returned, it needs to be returned in the same condition it was in when it was shipped to you, with the exception of damaged merchandise by the shipping agent. Please email us right away if there is a problem with the item and wait to leave your feedback until the auction is COMPLETE

I'd stop payment.

rrrr
    Send Brown with his machine gun and tough guy look. :jawdrop:

Jbb
    Send Brown with his machine gun and tough guy look. :jawdrop:
    They dont call him....."the intimidator"....for nuthin!...

Baja Big Dog
    J....Did you get a good price on the tiller, would it be worth your while to take it to the shop to tune the carb, the rope is a n o brain-er, sure you could fix that.
    If your still pissed send a message to Pay Pal and they will start a claim for you, then you and the seller have to come to an understanding, or they will get involved.

Jbb
    J....Did you get a good price on the tiller, would it be worth your while to take it to the shop to tune the carb, the rope is a n o brain-er, sure you could fix that.
    If your still pissed send a message to Pay Pal and they will start a claim for you, then you and the seller have to come to an understanding, or they will get involved.
    What made me mad is I had an immediate need for it.....I could fix whats wrong......a carb seal kit,fuel lines and recoil kit is what it needs. If a shop did it It would likely put the price closer to new than I would be comfortable with.

Jbb
    I guess the real question is do I have to go that way....or could I just deal with the card company first...
    Its not really enough money to spend alot of my time chasing...

Tom Brown
    eBay does a reasonable job handling these disputes but the problem is, most guys will screw you around until the time limitations expire.
    Request help resolving the problem from eBay before the seller's 7 day policy runs out. There are tons of dick wads out there who won't return your email for weeks and then tell you too much time has passed.
    Of course, if you can get him to refund the money and shipping with no outside encouragement, that's the best.
    PS - I spoke with the other outboard guys and none of us are comfortable with the idea of you using an outboard. Let us know if there's anything we can do to assist in getting this situation resolved.

Jbb
    eBay does a reasonable job handling these disputes but the problem is, most guys will screw you around until the time limitations expire.
    Request help resolving the problem from eBay before the seller's 7 day policy runs out. There are tons of dick wads out there who won't return your email for weeks and then tell you too much time has passed.
    Of course, if you can get him to refund the money and shipping with no outside encouragement, that's the best.
    PS - I spoke with the other outboard guys and none of us are comfortable with the idea of you using an outboard. Let us know if there's anything we can do to assist in getting this situation resolved.
    Incorrect assumption on the Tiller ......Tom.....
    As you know Im no fan of the Outbored....
    I was merely interested in a little thatch control.....run that by the O/B crowd...
    Perhaps you could ....lean on the seller ...for me.....He's closer to you ,than me..

Baja Big Dog
    J....go to Paypal, they will help you. EBay wont be a help, they are more concerned these days in collecting their fees.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast