Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Revenge OK?

burtandnancy2
    Let me start by saying that a group of very friendy boaters (and 99.9% are) met for a few days at Glamis for some fun in the sand, and 99.9% of these people are also great, but as you know in every aspect of life, the .01% azzholes show up. In this case, they came in late at nite, parked within feet of our rigs and blocked us in about 270 degrees. But nothing was said until the next night when they decided to start partying about 11:30 and had boom boxes that were raising the sand right off the earth. I walked over and there were 2 men and maybe 10 teenagers or early twentiers. They were polite, apologized and the music(?) went off until about 5:30 AM!!! Its too late now for payback, we pulled out a few hours later. But had I been properly prepared, how do you get even with these kind of people? I'm thinking two things; Train Horn or a cannister of tear gas rolled into thier camp? I'm looking for ideas here. Any suggestions?

phebus
    Move on, it's not worth the agravation.

Ken F
    Shotguns work well. If you don't want to go that far, get a boat horn with a can of compressed air. Start tooting it in time with the music. They get the hint really quick. I do this with my truck horn at stop lights when people pull up with boom boxes in their cars.

TCHB
    I bet they left trash all over the area!!!!!!!! No respect for others.

DeltaSigBoater
    We've all had run-ins with morons and thought about doing this, that, or the other to try and get back at them for their being inconsiderate. I avoid getting in pissing matchs, unless I know I will WIN

little rowe boat
    Move on, it's not worth the agravation.
    This is the best advice.

phebus
    Yep, life is too short to go around angry.

racecar.hotshoe
    This is why we dont do Glamis anymore we go to Dumont....

riverbound
    Next time go with a different group
    I have to say I am usually the one with the radio going the better part of the night and then its back on in the morning...but all the people in our camp know that and chose to still camp with me.

3 daytona`s
    Let me start by saying that a group of very friendy boaters (and 99.9% are) met for a few days at Glamis for some fun in the sand, and 99.9% of these people are also great, but as you know in every aspect of life, the .01% azzholes show up. In this case, they came in late at nite, parked within feet of our rigs and blocked us in about 270 degrees. But nothing was said until the next night when they decided to start partying about 11:30 and had boom boxes that were raising the sand right off the earth. I walked over and there were 2 men and maybe 10 teenagers or early twentiers. They were polite, apologized and the music(?) went off until about 5:30 AM!!! Its too late now for payback, we pulled out a few hours later. But had I been properly prepared, how do you get even with these kind of people? I'm thinking two things; Train Horn or a cannister of tear gas rolled into thier camp? I'm looking for ideas here. Any suggestions?
    This is how many really bad things have started,and have been regretted,for a very long time.The big thing if you have children? do you wish in the future to have been a good role model or?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast