Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best audio install shop in the IE?

riverbound
    ... along with the aforementioned, our website shows many others... K&N show car, Gil Losi Buick ...
    we are talking highe end boats here
    Just asking you to back up a statement YOU made. I frequent Parker and Havasu QUITE often and have never seen a boat that was "dominating the lake" built by your shop.....maybe they boat elsewhere

DILLIGAF
    Personally I will never use Audio Shop again. Lets just say the job was not up to my satisfaction and leave it at that.
    I use Wired For Sound down in Murietta. They have done 3 installs for me now. If you want to "save" money this is not the place to go. If you want a quality install give them a call.

riverbound
    ... along with the aforementioned, our website shows many others... K&N show car, Gil Losi Buick ...
    And all the promo/sponsor vehicles.....you and I both know how they work.....the job gets awarded to the lowes bidder with a decent reputation so dropping those names dont account for much

jbtrailerjim
    Personally I will never use Audio Shop again. Lets just say the job was not up to my satisfaction and leave it at that.
    I use Wired For Sound down in Murietta. They have done 3 installs for me now. If you want to "save" money this is not the place to go. If you want a quality install give them a call.
    I remember reading a long time ago about your disatifaction you had with your old system in your Commander that the Audio Shoppe did for you. How many years ago was that? Did you ever bring it up to Alan and give him the opportunity to make you happy and fix it? If I remember right you didn't. You took it to Wired For Sound and let them pick it apart let them give there opinion what was not right with the system. Find me any high end shop that has never had a problem with an install. ALL shops at one time or another makes mistakes. The key is do they stand behind there work. I KNOW Alan does stand behind his work.
    And all the promo/sponsor vehicles.....you and I both know how they work.....the job gets awarded to the lowes bidder with a decent reputation so dropping those names dont account for much
    You got an axe to grind with Alan and the Audio Shoppe or are you just here to talk shit and stir the pot. I know you feel Al and ED's in Ontario is the only shop capable of doing a good install but trust me there not the only shop that is capable. Alan's reputation and the fact he has been in business for over 20 years says a lot IMO and the majority of his business is repeat business.

riverbound
    I remember reading a long time ago about your disatifaction you had with your old system in your Commander that the Audio Shoppe did for you. How many years ago was that? Did you ever bring it up to Alan and give him the opportunity to make you happy and fix it? If I remember right you didn't. You took it to Wired For Sound and let them pick it apart let them give there opinion what was not right with the system. Find me any high end shop that has never had a problem with an install. ALL shops at one time or another makes mistakes. The key is do they stand behind there work. I KNOW Alan does stand behind his work.
    Runing an amp direct without any fusing, is not a mistake, it is one of the most basic things you can do for safety. Given the "mistakes" that were made, I wouldnt have taken my boat back their either.
    You got an axe to grind with Alan and the Audio Shoppe or are you just here to talk shit and stir the pot. I know you feel Al and ED's in Ontario is the only shop capable of doing a good install but trust me there not the only shop that is capable. Alan's reputation and the fact he has been in business for over 20 years says a lot IMO and the majority of his business is repeat business.
    I have no bones to pick with the Audio shoppe, like I posted ALAN is a great installer, maybe he should step back in the bay and do better qulaity control. Dilligaf's old boat is not the only one I have seen with similar safety issues like he posted. And in all reality I was just asking for pics of boats that "dominate the lake" since I am not familiar with them.
    Look at how long Pacific Stereo and Audio America have been in the business....does that make them good??
    As far as me thinking Al&Eds Ontario is the ONLY shop capable of doing good work, you are wrong. Wired for sound is VERY capable, as is speaker works (depending on who is actualy doing the install). Transonic seems to turn out good work too (when they focus on car audio not home). I cant think of many shops I would allow to work on my vehicles, being that I was in the industry for quite some time, I may be a little bit pickier than your average consumer.

mbrown2
    I remember reading a long time ago about your disatifaction you had with your old system in your Commander that the Audio Shoppe did for you. How many years ago was that? Did you ever bring it up to Alan and give him the opportunity to make you happy and fix it? If I remember right you didn't. You took it to Wired For Sound and let them pick it apart let them give there opinion what was not right with the system. Find me any high end shop that has never had a problem with an install. ALL shops at one time or another makes mistakes. The key is do they stand behind there work. I KNOW
    Funny you mention all shops have their issues.....Dilligaf's old 25 which was done by Wired for Sound is getting redone by another installer cause the new owner thought it was average at best had some issues and did not get the greatest response when he called Wired for Sound...
    Wired has done a lot of nice boats, but like any shop even they have issues or lose a customer now and then....no different then the Audio Shop or any other high end place...
    Lately I have been extremely impressed and happy with the customer service and work Car Toyz has done for me...love having something in Havasu where the boat lives/plays...
    Shops that I have had Cars/Boats done and would return to...
    Transonic - Upland
    Audio Concepts - Simi Valley
    Competition Soundworks - Cerritos
    DCB - El Cajon, but you have to buy the boat...
    Car Toyz - Havasu

jbtrailerjim
    Runing an amp direct without any fusing, is not a mistake, it is one of the most basic things you can do for safety. Given the "mistakes" that were made, I wouldnt have taken my boat back their either.
    I agree that is a huge mistake but the point I was trying to make is that I believe Tom did not even talk with Alan about it. I will guarantee that Alan would have had a fit if he knew a boat his shop did an install on went out with a mistake like that made. As a business owner myself with employee's who do repair work, unfortunately sometimes an employee makes a mistake that gets by the boss/owner. Alan is like me. He will make any mistake that was made on work he did right with a customer. He stands behind his work 100%.
    I have no bones to pick with the Audio shoppe, like I posted ALAN is a great installer, maybe he should step back in the bay and do better qulaity control. Dilligaf's old boat is not the only one I have seen with similar safety issues like he posted. And in all reality I was just asking for pics of boats that "dominate the lake" since I am not familiar with them.
    I have to LOL when I read comments about like you know what kind of installs
    Alan used to do. Again, Alan hasn't been doing his own installs since the 1980's. You were probably in junior high or elementary school back when Alan personally did his last install. You're talking like you know him and his work.
    I honestly think you are just here to talk shit. I'd be willing to bet you have seen none or very few installs the Audio Shoppe has ever done.

DILLIGAF
    Funny you mention all shops have their issues.....Dilligaf's old 25 which was done by Wired for Sound is getting redone by another installer cause the new owner thought it was average at best had some issues and did not get the greatest response when he called Wired for Sound...
    I have not heard anything from Dave, who bought the boat. I would suspect the speakers/amps are tired and have had a major workout over the years. Just time to replace with something that has some more energy. That system was not AVERAGE in the least but like I said it was probably tired. I can't speak for WFS response to him. He did like the system when he test drove the boat. Oh well.....
    As far as The Audio Shoppe...It was an emergency situation and I needed help and WFS took care of it for me. That is when we found that there was no fuses and it was directly wired to the battery. I went thru some rough water at Havasu and all my amps tore out and fell down. The damn live wire was just flopping around in the hull and could have burned my boat up. WFS never talked any shit or anything like that but showed me the problem and secured everything so as not to have it happen again. I was happy but pissed that it wasn't done right the first time. Can you imagine if I would have had a fire/explosion with kids on board? Major issue right there. Anyhow, I wasn't going to bring this up again but it is what it is.

riverbound
    I have to LOL when I read comments about like you know what kind of installs
    Alan used to do. Again, Alan hasn't been doing his own installs since the 1980's. You were probably in junior high or elementary school back when Alan personally did his last install. You're talking like you know him and his work.
    I honestly think you are just here to talk shit. I'd be willing to bet you have seen none or very few installs the Audio Shoppe has ever done.
    I have been in his shop and seen him in a car doing work...this was late 99 early 2000. Maybe it was a different Alan then I know he hasnt been a ful time installer in quite some time, but to tell me he hasnt touched a car in 20 years seems a little odd to me.
    I have seen plenty of his work, how else would I know that his qulaity has dropped over the years.....think its just a guess? As a matter of fact one of his old employees worked for me for a while.

jbtrailerjim
    I have been in his shop and seen him in a car doing work...this was late 99 early 2000. Maybe it was a different Alan then I know he hasnt been a ful time installer in quite some time, but to tell me he hasnt touched a car in 20 years seems a little odd to me.
    Yes, Alan does on occasion lend a hand to his guys but full installs, NO. He hasn't done them himself in years.
    I have seen plenty of his work, how else would I know that his qulaity has dropped over the years.....think its just a guess? As a matter of fact one of his old employees worked for me for a while.
    Well, maybe you should stop by and check out some more of his recent work. His crew he has now is not even the same crew he had working for him a few years ago when you were still in the business.
    Oh, yes I'm aware Brice worked at Al and Ed's Ontario with you before he worked for the Audio Shoppe. After having conversations with Brice, I know Al & Ed's Ontario isn't perfect either but I'm not here to throw stones at other shops work.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast