Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need to VENT......

WYRD
    So last month I rented a scissorlift for one of my jobs on a Friday. Had my Employee pick it up around Noon and take it to the jobsite approx 1 hr away. My guys work 6-2 so by the time the lift got out to the site it was time to pick up. Sometime over the weekend the lift grew legs (less the controller) Monday morning at 6AM my guys call me. I tell them to call the police and make a police report. Around 8 the police get there and make the report and I call the rental company to let them know and my insurance as well. All goes well and claim gets filed yada yada.
    My ins co is doing a apprisal of the lift (which is a 2002 with 125 hours on it) and they come back with 8 grand or so, cool right? I give the rental co a call and let them know and they say I should get an invoice in the mail. I wait and I get two, the first is for 1 day rental(which pisses me off anyways cause I didnt get to even use it but ok I will pay it) the second is for the replacement of the lift and its over 18K dollars!!!! so I call up the rental company and they say that it is in the fine (and by fine I mean microscopic) print that I am responsible for the Manufactuers LIST price. Now for those of you who dont know what LIST price is, its the price that something would be sold for if you could ask whatever price you wanted assuming there was no competion. (To put it in prospective BoatsandBlondes was asking LIST price for his Hallet.) I called around and I can buy a brand new lift for 11k dollars or so wich means the rental company which deals in volume could problaby buy it for 7 or 8 thousand.
    Bottom line I have to pay 10K out of my pocket and the rental company is gonna make out bigtime by getting 18K dollars on a 5 y/o piece of equipment that is only worth a small portion of that, not to mention all the rental money that has already been collected!!!!
    not sure who the bigger theif is, the one who stole the lift or the ones profiting from it
    I have a meeting with my Attorney tommorow:idea:
    Thanks for letting me vent

LAFD
    wow definitly a bad situation. hopfully everything works out for you.

LGCDEVIL
    Get 2 or 3 quotes for new lifts from other companies. Pay them the average of the quotes. They don't like it they can take you to court. An $11k lift brand new is probably half that in 5 years. The 8 grand from your ins. company sounds more than fair. BTW, they should have to produce their original invoice for what they paid for the lift.

Ziggy
    Check the rental companys yard, it might be in there.

dumbandyoung
    man this sucks..
    Im in a situation I want to vent about too. Its just the more i think about it the more it pisses me off.
    . hahahaaha!! is that guy still trying so sell his hallett for a million dollars or whatever.

WYRD
    Get 2 or 3 quotes for new lifts from other companies. Pay them the average of the quotes. They don't like it they can take you to court. An $11k lift brand new is probably half that in 5 years. The 8 grand from your ins. company sounds more than fair. BTW, they should have to produce their original invoice for what they paid for the lift.
    These are all points that I will be bringing up to my attorney, along with deducting the MSRP of the controller off the price:idea:

H20 Toie
    You are missing the point here, have your insurance company deal with them, yes you will have to pay for your decuctible or just buy a new one get the money from your insurance company and give them the new one.
    also check out that you are not liable for the time it takes to replace the unit

H20 Toie
    also keep all you paperwork straight and write it off your taxes.

Redneck
    that sucks good luck

LGCDEVIL
    I wouldn't spend a nickel on an attorney until they haul you into court.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast