Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Make em pay??

dumbandyoung
    Have any of you had a friend damage your boat or even car or truck?
    My friends dogs put a few deep scratches in the gel coat and I don't know if I should make him pay. He didnt offer. Have any of you had your friends mess up your stuff?? What was the outcome?

Phat Matt
    Buff it out.

dumbandyoung
    what should I use??. If I can fix it myself with a little time and expense Id much rather do that.

WYRD
    sue the dog

79centurion
    If he knows and didnt offer, you probably arent going to get anything for it. If he doesnt know, tell him about it and see how he reacts. I have had friends break stuff and some have fixed it, or payed to have it fixed, and some that havent. Sometimes if its not too bad(like if you can buff it out) and is a really good friend not worth loosing a friend over, but its up to you.
    Dan

Havasu_Dreamin
    When we had seadoos had two friends crash them into each other. They both ponied up the cash to pay without me even asking...

LGCDEVIL
    Out at the desert, one of my kids tried to drive his bike through a buddy's truck. I offered to pay for the damage. Didn't think twice about it.

dumbandyoung
    When we had seadoos had two friends crash them into each other. They both ponied up the cash to pay without me even asking...
    The same thing happened to a buddy's dad...They gave him $250 and said sorry thats all we can give.
    Ill try to buff it out. I just dont want to bring it up. Anyone know of a good product to use thats good on gel?

We had the exact same thing happen (dogs scratched boat thru gel). The only difference was they offered to pay, which really made a difference! We didn't take them up on it, but just the fact that they offered was a big deal to us.

3 daytona`s
    Have any of you had a friend damage your boat or even car or truck?
    My friends dogs put a few deep scratches in the gel coat and I don't know if I should make him pay. He didnt offer. Have any of you had your friends mess up your stuff?? What was the outcome?
    You need all the friends you can get. Mellow Out.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast