Thread: are 2 stroke skis allowed on river and lake?

meaniam
    looking for info on lake lice. i am thinking of buying a couple and wonder about the issues of 4 stroke and 2 stroke. i am buying them used. and will be using them at the river, and in local lake like silverwood perris and elsinore. i remember a few years back people were stating that 2 strokes were gonna be outlawed from the lakes and maybe river. is there truth to this?

gramps
    I keep hearing that 2012 is the "target date" to ban most 2 strokes from any water along the river including Mead and Powell.

HocusPocus
    they are ok on Silverwood lake, not sure about other lakes.

racecar.hotshoe
    no

dumbandyoung
    no
    I took my two stroke stand up on Puddingstone last Nov.

Boatcop
    I think the new "bans" on non-CARB 2 strokes are for new sales within the state of California. FICHT and Optimax type injection 2 strokes that meet 2006 CARB pollution requirements will be treated the same as 4 strokes.
    Regular 2 strokes won't be banned completely on the Colorado river, until/unless the Federal Govt does it.

Rod-64
    I think the new "bans" on non-CARB 2 strokes are for new sales within the state of California. FICHT and Optimax type injection 2 strokes that meet 2006 CARB pollution requirements will be treated the same as 4 strokes.
    Regular 2 strokes won't be banned completely on the Colorado river, until/unless the Federal Govt does it.
    Good! Got a few more payments on the Yamaha 1200.

Throttle
    outlawed