Thread: Headed to Havasu this weekend and I have some questions

496mag
    Well I have to say that after seeing all the pics recently posted I am glad I am headed down to Havasu this weekend.
    I am wondering what the deal is with the sandbar, is it open again and what is the best way to get to it? I know the watter can be a bit shallow where the lake meets the river. any advice here is much appreciated as I don't feel like smacking my drive on anything
    Does anyone know the water temperature right now?
    Thanks all.

Redwing247
    Water level was good last week end, water temp is cold

Throttle
    sandbar has not been closed, water level is ok, its gonna be COLD!

Mrs.Racer277
    Water is cold.. ..YIKES

Thorsinc
    Just wait for Bradman to blast through the shallow parts then follow him. Last time out about 10 boats just sat waiting for anyone to go through then they all jumped in line.

Coach
    Well I have to say that after seeing all the pics recently posted I am glad I am headed down to Havasu this weekend.
    I am wondering what the deal is with the sandbar, is it open again and what is the best way to get to it? I know the watter can be a bit shallow where the lake meets the river. any advice here is much appreciated as I don't feel like smacking my drive on anything
    Does anyone know the water temperature right now?
    Thanks all.
    From Havasu head North up the gorge. The water on river is about 62-64 degrees. I am not familar with the drive up the gorge from havasu as I only do it 1-2 times a year. The water levels were good about 10 days ago when I was last out. And yes the sandbar is open they only shut it down during the big holiday weekends (Memorial, 4th of July, Labor day).

Mrs.Racer277
    Just wait for Bradman to blast through the shallow parts then follow him. Last time out about 10 boats just sat waiting for anyone to go through then they all jumped in line.
    Can you send him out Thursday morning??? Thanks