Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: aluminum polishing

LAFD
    whats the best stuff to use on a pontoon to make it like a mirror finish. only thing ive found so far was never dull. but damn thats gunna take alot of elbow grease. want something that i can use with a buffer so some kind of compound. any help would be appreciated.

shippingguy
    whats the best stuff to use on a pontoon to make it like a mirror finish. only thing ive found so far was never dull. but damn thats gunna take alot of elbow grease. want something that i can use with a buffer so some kind of compound. any help would be appreciated.
    I have found the following to work great. Easy to use and the shine is awesome. www.wickedproducts.com
    Mike

SOCALDETAIL1
    Alot of work usually takes me and a worker all day to get them looking like a mirrior. High speed buffer, a few wool pads not foam, and we use waxing frenzys Shark Tower great polish. Mark

LAFD
    Alot of work usually takes me and a worker all day to get them looking like a mirrior. High speed buffer, a few wool pads not foam, and we use waxing frenzys Shark Tower great polish. Mark
    what do you use the steel wool pads for. do they go on the buffer?

SOCALDETAIL1
    what do you use the steel wool pads for. do they go on the buffer?
    WOOL pads not steel wood pads.

LAFD
    WOOL pads not steel wood pads.
    oops i typed the wrong thing. gotcha now.

gmocnik
    the best stuff i have ever tried...this what the shiney alum fuel trucks use...
    start with this
    http://www.californiacustom.com/alum...eoxidizer.html
    then this
    http://www.californiacustom.com/purp...al_polish.html

Run_em_Hard
    I always like mothers with a nice wheel and a numatic(sp) drill or buffer.

LAFD
    when its all said and done if i have it clear anodized will it stay like a mirror. cause i heard if i go this route it will not anodize.

shippingguy
    when its all said and done if i have it clear anodized will it stay like a mirror. cause i heard if i go this route it will not anodize.
    I had clear anodized hardware on my last boat. If I am not mistaken it is not going to be mirror like shiny once you do that. Again, I could be wrong, but the hardware on my boat was completely polished out and then clear anodized and it dulled it back up a bit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast