Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ford is screwing us in Ca...

Topock Junkie
    Went to have the 06E17 recall taken care of today on my 2003 F350 6.0 diesel. Because, If you do not have it taken care of you can not register your truck in CA without proof.
    The service writer comes out. Slides under my truck. Then pops the hood. I'm thinking what the H*LL. He comes back out and says we can't fix this recall. You have an aftermarket Intake and Exhaust. Your truck will not run right if we flash it.
    My problem is this. Since when is it illegal to put an intake and exhaust on your truck if you still have the cat and all sensors in place.
    Has anybody else run into this problem yet. If not be prepared...

HTRDLNCN
    Go to a different dealer,they are full of crap..
    Post on the F series board
    ( http://www.ford-trucks.com )
    and ask for mod freindly dealers in Cali..

dumbandyoung
    Take it to another dealer. Service writers work off commission. They make no money off warranty or recall jobs. He probably didnt wanna take the time to write it up. The intake/exhaust shouldn't be an issue. I had to get a weather stripping replaced on my f250 a few weeks ago and I couldnt get anyone to help me till I told the guy that my mom was his boss there..
    by the way...I have an 06 Powerstroke f250, so im curious to what the 06E17 recal is??? Is it just that year?

DeltaSigBoater
    If this is the case then it looks like a lot of people are going to be screwed.

Coded-Dude
    gotta love capitalism

justfloatn
    Try another dealer. I spent 9yrs at FORD and the aftermarket up-grade resistance was purely a management position. I've seen guys with blowers ans NOS on their mustangs get new motors under warranty. That dealer may have a stick up his a$$ for modified rigs, especially if you purchased elsewhere. You have allot more pull at your selling dealer.

shadow
    Take it to another dealer. Service writers work off commission. They make no money off warranty or recall jobs. He probably didnt wanna take the time to write it up.
    by the way...I have an 06 Powerstroke f250, so im curious to what the 06E17 recal is??? Is it just that year?
    Your screen name is perfect!
    YES service advisors DO make money on warranty and recalls!
    They make money by writing up vehicles for service.Flagged hrs are flagged hrs doesn't matter if the customer is paying the bill or Ford is paying the bill.

UHHH SUCKA
    I has the same issue on an '03 F-350 with the 6.0. Was loosing power from somewhere and they didnt even want to fix it if I paid them to do it. I told them to shove it. Service advisor said they were being strick on warranty work. I really think its because all the damn problems they have had with those 6.0 models and there probably spending alot to fix them. Traded it in the very next day for an 2500 H.D. No offense to anybody, but I will never buy another Ford truck again. They cant stand behind their sh*t.

dumbandyoung
    Your screen name is perfect!
    YES service advisors DO make money on warranty and recalls!
    They make money by writing up vehicles for service.Flagged hrs are flagged hrs doesn't matter if the customer is paying the bill or Ford is paying the bill.
    in some cases that is true that about my sreenname
    But it is a fact that writers make less money on warranty and recall jobs. I should have changed "no money" to "less money".

shadow
    It does in some cases that is true that my sreenname is right.
    But it is a fact that writers make less money on warranty and recall jobs. I should have changed "no money" to "less money".
    Do yourself a favor and quit talking while you are ahead.I've been in the bussiness 20 yrs.
    It's plain and simple the reprograms are designed to work with factory specifacations,now when a customer adds Inatakes,exhaust,chips,etc,etc,
    weather it be Banks ,Edge,Bully,doesn't matter.Ford din't spend millions of dollars on updated programs to work with aftermarket products.
    Now saty the dealer performs this updates and now the customer returns with a check engine light Due to the custmer installed aftermarket components not working with Ford programs.
    Heres the problem.........
    Now who pays the bill? Customer says he's not paying cause he is still under warranty and Ford is not gonna pay cause they warranty STOCK FORD products, Not Modifed by the custmer or an aftermarket installer.
    I alway see people say they are going to wait on thier Mercury Boat engines to modify weather it be exhaust,whipple,pro chrger or whatever cause they don't want to void thier warranty.Whats the difference between the boat and truck?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast