Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Family Reunion Tips & Idea's

Her454
    I am planning one in June, and it will be the first time the family has ALL been together since my mother passed away in 92. There are several new additions to the family since then, most I have never even met. We expect about 40-50. It will be at the lake (of course) for 3 days (pray for me LOL) and I need some idea's for categories for prizes....such as...the one who travels the farthest, youngest, oldest etc.... and then any other idea's you can come up with.
    We are doing a potluck and family pic, with a pinata for the kids on one of the days but thats all I can think of. Anything else? I've never done this so I need all the help I can get LOL.
    Thanks in advance.

racecar.hotshoe
    Your last one was a hoot!
    http://timvp.com/bevscan2.jpg

Her454
    Your last one was a hoot!
    http://timvp.com/bevscan2.jpg
    ROTFLMFAO!!!! THANKS!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    Jelloshots!!!

Debbolas
    T-shirts
    We go to Lake Powell with some friends and 40 of their immediate family. They have "games" ......We have had "Survivor" type games and "Olympic" games.
    We randomly divide all the people into 3 teams and each team competes in the games....
    We have had "Fear Factor Food" where we ate things like salted plums and were told it was cockroach eggs....
    We have had a game where we have to eat all the whip cream off of a paper plate and chew the bubble gum inside....first one to blow a bubble wins
    The sponge game where the teams have to soak a sponge in the lake, pass it over the head and between the legs to a bucket...the first one to fill the coffee can and make the sparklers light up wins
    We had a "sexy" walk game (I totally lost):jawdrop:
    A relay race down the big sandy hill into the water and around the boat back up to the motorhome....
    Her family is REALLY competetive......but fun!
    (they might even lurk here )
    For food I would do potluck (somehow it always works out, I don't know how, it's a mystery) Or have each family bring their own meat to BBQ and you can provide side dishes

DeltaSigBoater
    Jelloshots!!!
    There's always room for J-E-L-L-O-SHOTS!

Ziggy
    Don't have one..........I've heard about so many that end up with arguments and fights and nobody talks to one another every again..
    LOL,
    Hopefully whatever you do everyone can enjoy the time together. I kinda like Deb's T-shirt idea.....or Hats maybe. Something that will last many years.

Mandelon
    Wet T-shirt contest!

Baja Big Dog
    Better wear some clean underware, Ive picked up some sweet puzzy at family reunions!!

djunkie
    Wet T-shirt contest!
    I was thinking body painting for the ladies and a good photographer so we can all enjoy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast