Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1973 Hallet

QuickCheetah
    Does anyone know if these are good hulls? I have a chance to pick 1 up for $1600 obo 454 BBC needs a new jet, carb and distributor. Guy said kids jumped over the fence and took the carb and dist. and he bought the boat with the jet out to fix but doesnt have the time...I saw a berk jet with place diverter on CL for $1000.00 is that a good deal? Input please..I dont have pics yet going to see it Monday. Ill post what i take.

MudPumper
    My 77 is solid as they come.

DeltaSigBoater
    Most boats of that vintage are going to show a bit of age, some more than others depending on how their owner(s) took care of them.
    Halletts are solid built boats. However all boats are prone to stress cracks, delamination, blistering and rot.
    All Halletts (to my knowledge) were, and still are, laid up with full length stringers. The Day Cruisers of that era are going to weigh about 2800 to 3500 pounds depending on size. Flatbottoms, GN and SK style boats are obviously going to weigh less.
    To take off a carb is easy to do, but the distributor takes some doing, so I doubt that a couple of 12 to 14 year olds did it. Unless they were already off and they were justs things to steal. The good news is that these items are easily replaceable at most auto parts stores.
    $1000 for a Berkley Jet w/ Place Diverter - Sounds like a good deal, but you never know until you see it in person... & will it fit the same holes in the boat?
    Take multiple pictures of everything, even if you think its not important, you'll be glad that you have them later on. And when you post them it will give us a better understanding of what we're dealing with.
    Cant wait to see the pictures - Keep us posted!

Schiada Time
    Awesome boats. My old '77 now belongs to Mudpumper and my wife and I had many good boating trips in that old boat. A friend of mine had a '73 and the lines are cool on those hulls as well.
    Travis

QuickCheetah
    No one here has a pic of a Hallett so i have some kind of idea what to expect?

BrendellaJet
    you are asking about a boat you haven't even gone to look at?
    The pump/diverter deal is good if the parts are all there and in good shape. A new diverter is $750 alone. Used they go for 300-400.

ck7684
    Pulling the distributor takes time??? Like what, 5 sec??

QuickCheetah
    you are asking about a boat you haven't even gone to look at?
    The pump/diverter deal is good if the parts are all there and in good shape. A new diverter is $750 alone. Used they go for 300-400.
    yea, im going to look at it tomorrow...i found a berk jet with diverter for 1k.

hallett72
    Hey QuickCheetah here is some pics of my project. She isn't much to look at but i got good plans for her. I would say $1600 is great price as long as there isn't a lot of rot. They are a heavy hull, they have full stringers, and ride wet. I haven't had mine in the water yet but i hear from people on here that they ride great. Gugs102 has a beautiful Hallet, PM him he might be able to send you a pic and some info.

GUGS102
    Hey QuickCheetah here is some pics of my project. She isn't much to look at but i got good plans for her. I would say $1600 is great price as long as there isn't a lot of rot. They are a heavy hull, they have full stringers, and ride wet. I haven't had mine in the water yet but i hear from people on here that they ride great. Gugs102 has a beautiful Hallet, PM him he might be able to send you a pic and some info.
    Hey , thanks for the compliment, it's only beautiful if you can dig a brown boat. As for the construction, mine is a 78 and has NO stress cracks. Mine does not have a floor over the stringers which gives you more room to move around and the hull is a little deeper than most which makes it ride better.
    Mine is "family sleeper" look with a vintage 70s tan and brown gel. With a tock 454 it ran 60 with the water at the dash. Runs better now...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast