Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone have an extra Lifeline?

DUCKY
    My lifeline isn't legal for use at the nostalgia races due to color (Black/RedYellow). Anyone have an extra one (Safety Orange) available that weekend? I don't plan on getting it wet.....
    [ February 06, 2003, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: DUCKY ]

SK48
    Call Lisa at Lifeline 928-669-9241. Ask her if they can rent you and orange jacket for that weekend. They have several international orange jackets that they rent at the ski races, and I know people that rented them last year for the circle races at Parker.

126driver
    Ducky, the APBA also requires a neck collar, and is your helmet orange or yellow? I have an extra helmet, size 7 1/4 I think.

LeE ss13
    Helmets come in different sizes ??? No wonder mine is so tight. Scott, (Ducky), if all goes well and I'm there (ss13), I will will have an extra orange Lifeline size Large. Look me up. Scott (ss126), what's going on with SSRS, or SSRA? Is Parker a series race? SCSC has $5,000 for the class. If SSRA runs there, will they be raising there own moneys? And what about the Web Site? Will they redue that? Gosh ... so many questions.

CircleJerk
    Ducky, Any hardware store sells flexible fluorecent orange tape that works well to any color helmet, but then there's the hillbillie factor.......DAH. smile_sp We always have a spare jacket up here for folks, and I'm sure you'll find one at the race, Have fun without me!

126driver
    Fluorecent orange tape - that's funny. The first circle race I went to was the first race Steele ever ran, at La Paz. He borrowed his father-in-laws white Bell Motostar helmet and we didn't know about the orange deal. I had to go to a hardware store and buy orange Krylon. I don't think he ever returned the helmet... For the hillbilly factor we used duct tape for numbers and our tool chest was the ice chest tray...
    Yes Larry, helmets come in diffent sizes, but Lifelines come in large? jawdrop Mine seems to have shrunk over the years.
    The Parker race is indeed the Series opener, though you would need to talk to Dean Neal to get the low-down on prize $. The website domain is owned by the Series and I imagine it will remain virtually the same but I'm not sure who is maintaining it presently. I'm a regular wealth of info aren't I? pig_flyi

DUCKY
    I have a white full face that I was going to paint. I still need a neck collar though. And will Lifeline be there so I can rent a jacket if needed? And Scott, I might take you up on the helmet. My white one is only DOT approved, not Snell, and I don't want to paint my black one, because it matches my Lifeline. Mine is a 7 1/2 and it isn't really tight.

SK48
    Ducky,
    Lifeline will be there and you can rent a jacket. They are $ 100.00 for the weekend. Call Lisa and let her know so she can send you a contract and reserve one in your size for you. APBA says you need a neck collar this year and I think they are about $ 50.00
    I don't know what year snell # you need in the helmet but I have a 7 and a quarter bell full face that is a snell 85 you can borrow.

DUCKY
    I will order a neck collar from Jegs ($24.95)or get one locally. But DAMN!! A Hunsky to rent a $400 jacket for two days???? It's only $135 to race for the weekend, that damn near doubles the price, and quite honestly, puts racing out of my reach. I could see $25-40 with a $100 deposit or something. Yes, I am a Jew, but I am not Jewish... Hopefully I can track down SS13 when I get there. Or maybe the orange tape trick on my existing jacket will work.....
    [ February 07, 2003, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: DUCKY ]

CircleJerk
    DUCKY:
    Or maybe the orange tape trick on my existing jacket will work..... That does work up here in a pinch and some use red or yellow which is also OK. But then we're them mountain people. . .you know... The important thing is that it is certified every four years and dated such! JeRk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast