Thread: The King and I

Seadog
    Every now and then, I get a desire for something different for breakfast. Today, I decided a croissantwich was what I wanted since I rarely go to Burger King anymore. The combo was suppose to be $2.59. I asked what was included for drinks and got told a small soda was on the list. She forgot to say there was a $.20 upcharge on that. And when I got the tab, it was $3.24. So my $2.80 w/tax breakfast wound up costing an extra $.44 for no reason at all. I wish this was an isolated incident, but I have had numerous times when this has happened at BK. And when I have caught it, they always say that is what the compute kicks out and the computer is never wrong. I think it is a pity that nobody can do basic math or has the ability to correct a problem like that. I remember now why I don't go to BK that often. Back to McD's for breakfast.

SHIFTY
    WELL HELL, THAT's PROLLY FRONT PAGE NEWS IN STILLWATER... :crossx:

spectratoad
    I would write BK headquarters and maybe they will throw a free breakfast at you.
    It is frustrating when you have the change figured out already and the cashier is waiting for the computer to spit out a number so they can count out change.

Seadog
    Shifty, only if Boone Pickens complained about it. If it was a big deal, I would have argued with them. It is just one of those aggrivating things that happen every day. Just more so with the BKs that I have been to. Of course, most of them are counting on the customers being as ignorant as they are.
    And if you truly think that the amount doesn't matter, remember that at one time, some guys made millions by skimming the less than a penny amounts from bank transactions.

Tom Brown
    It's good to see you're living right, Dog.

SHIFTY
    Shifty, only if Boone Pickens complained about it. If it was a big deal, I would have argued with them. It is just one of those aggrivating things that happen every day. Just more so with the BKs that I have been to. Of course, most of them are counting on the customers being as ignorant as they are.
    And if you truly think that the amount doesn't matter, remember that at one time, some guys made millions by skimming the less than a penny amounts from bank transactions.
    YEAH, I KNOW. I SAW OFFICE SPACE TOO...

PowellScooter
    I have that problem at McDonalds here, I hate their coffee so I ask to sub a small orange drink, not juice and they hit me an extra .99 no credit for the coffee I dont get, when i question them they give me the same old blah blah blah cant change the set menu prices... Ok thanks just give me the Egg-a-muffin nothing else

phebus
    WELL HELL, THAT's PROLLY FRONT PAGE NEWS IN STILLWATER... :crossx:
    Nope, the Girl Scouts are selling cookies.