Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blower belts

offshoreed
    hay guys
    i am looking fora serpintine belt for my 420 , superchiller set up. i am looking for a 66inch around all.
    any of you guys know where i can get one. i looked here around tulsa and no luck .
    help me please

DMOORE
    Have you tried Teague Custom Marine? It may be a good start.
    Darrell.

Schiada76
    I f you have the belt # find an equipment outlet/supply house and see if they can get you one.
    Ther'e a bearing/belt supply by my house that can get them.

Liberator TJ1984
    I f you have the belt # find an equipment outlet/supply house and see if they can get you one.
    Ther'e a bearing/belt supply by my house that can get them.
    Shaida76 , has a good point , look in the phonebook , try and find a Gates dealer or O'Rielly's that carries Gates and they can order you one without the middleman markup.....
    stay away from the Kevlar belts unless you like to do lots of cleaning , those things shed worse than a Cat with the mange

79centurion
    Carquest also carries gates belts so that might help you as well.

superdave013
    Gates has 2 sides, the automotive side and the industrial side. I buy from the automotive side and that's why I'm not trying to sell this guy a blower belt.
    A bearing/drives house could get it. Teauge will have it on the shelf and know what one to pull. After all, they do own Superchiller now.

Brian
    The 12 and 16 rib serpentine belts are used in big rig applications. NAPA can get them and any diesel truck parts place should have them in stock.

offshoreed
    well guys i ended up calling the blower shopand got it there. i was in a hurry to fire the motor. the guys in tulsa could not get the groove size down . the bellt i got does not get all the way down in the bottom of the grooves but does work well so far. getting close to water time. got the boat over to info's shop and got the timing set {what a guy} yesterday. now i got to run the values and i am ready to hit the water. hoping the 420 will give me the triple digits i am looking for in my AO . thanks ron

DMOORE
    well guys i ended up calling the blower shopand got it there. i was in a hurry to fire the motor. the guys in tulsa could not get the groove size down . the bellt i got does not get all the way down in the bottom of the grooves but does work well so far. getting close to water time. got the boat over to info's shop and got the timing set {what a guy} yesterday. now i got to run the values and i am ready to hit the water. hoping the 420 will give me the triple digits i am looking for in my AO . thanks ron
    The 420 has worked great for me. I run 10psi with a chiller on my motors, and still run 91 octane.
    Darrell.

offshoreed
    ha dmoore what is your size of your top pulley. mine is a 5.4 . i have not got it out yet to see what my boost will be. i am running a 540in in the AO.
    they told me at the blower shop that it should be around 6 boost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast