Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swim steps

phebus
    The swim steps on my boat (I have three, one long one high in the middle of the boat above the drive, and then one on each side sitting lower) are very slippery. They are fiberglass, with a texture molded in, but not rough enough. I have tried cutting out hydroturf/astrodeck type pads, and attaching them, and while the material looked good, and worked well, they looked ghetto, because you can't cut it well enough to look professional, like a die cut pad would be.
    Here is my latest idea, and wanted opinions as to how people would think they looked. I am thinking of buying step pads from Dana Marine, and attaching them to my swim steps.
    http://www.danamarineproducts.com/pa.../SP-1425-1.jpg
    Thoughts, or other suggestions welcomed.
    Thanks

Jyruiz
    I think that would look good.

ROZ
    Superglue thumbtacs upside down.. That'll give ya a little extra grip

Desert Rat
    Why put swim steps on swim steps? Why not just replace them with the Dana steps or have Dana make some custom to fit. I had him make me a custom ski pole and mount it to the engine. They do great work

Mrs.Racer277
    Jet Trim in Havi make swim step overs also.

a catered life
    I think that would look good.
    ditto nothing like looking ghetto and coming from rancho vista somewhere

phebus
    Jet Trim in Havi make swim step overs also.
    What type do they make? Interested in all options.
    Thanks

prosthogod
    My gas fillers are on the transom, and they routinely overflow if you don't watch it=my point is this , my Dana swimsteps with pad inserts have totally discolered in 2 yrs. I'm assuming from gas even though I wash off immediatly.

Mrs.Racer277
    What type do they make? Interested in all options.
    Thanks
    They are custom made. Our friends have them on their Elim. Cat. I think they are like a vinyl material. Give them a call, they do great work. I have used them in the past.

phebus
    Why put swim steps on swim steps? Why not just replace them with the Dana steps or have Dana make some custom to fit. I had him make me a custom ski pole and mount it to the engine. They do great work
    Because replacing them with the Dana steps would be way north of $1500.-. Safety is the number one concern, with appearance a close second, but if it's not in the budget, it won't get done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast