Thread: Swim steps

Desert Rat
    BOAT
    B Break
    O OUT
    A Another
    T Thousand

SB
    Well you could try those pads they glue onto surfboards. Also there is a material called re-deck used for sailboards. It is a glue/resin you paint on like rubber cement.

phebus
    Well you could try those pads they glue onto surfboards. Also there is a material called re-deck used for sailboards. It is a glue/resin you paint on like rubber cement.
    That's what I have used, and they work good, but cutting them, and getting a good true edge that looks professional is difficult. I'm going to call Hydroturf and ask them if I bring them a template, could they custom cut me a set.

SOMEBEACH
    I wonder how Rhino Liner would work/look. It's not slippery when wet, and you can get it in just about any color. Plus it's soft and doesn't have that sandpaper finish like other spray in's. Might be worth looking into! Just a thought!!

Debbolas
    Kelly and I fell "in love" with this guy who was next to us at the last OP6C.......he had the comfy-ist swim steps............Lemme go find that pic.............

Here he is.......the steps were like a regular step down, swim step, but covered with foam

http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ss_067-med.jpg

Mtg Pro
    Rick,
    Now that you are retired, you sure have been asking a lot of questions. I would trade the boat in for one with better swim steps.

phebus
    Rick,
    Now that you are retired, you sure have been asking a lot of questions. I would trade the boat in for one with better swim steps.
    Good idea. Who needs swim steps, it won't be long until I need a wheel chair ramp.

wanna B V
    Try this guy-good stuff. Ive had it on my swim step for a couple of years now. No slip and easy on the girls knees....... http://www.wakejunky.com/

phebus
    I remember in the old days, Tom Morey came out with a spray on texture that was produced to replace surf wax. The stuff worked great for traction, but worked so good, it would just about rip your nipples off when paddling. I wished someone still made it. It was called Slip-Check.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12