Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: The Stevens needs a name!

b's sanger
    I'm still pondering names.... that's becoming the hardest part of doing this boat! I finished colorsanding and buffing it today, and had enough time to pinstripe it. I'll polish it tomorrow and finish up the trailer. It came out better than I thought it would, but you can't call it new by any means. 5 days left 'till it gets wet....
    http://www.freeboardchallenged.com/stevens/pin1.JPG
    http://www.freeboardchallenged.com/stevens/pin2.JPG
    Dude, if you don't put Gold School on that fine piece, you are crazy.

Emanon Performance Marine
    I'm still pondering names.... that's becoming the hardest part of doing this boat! I finished colorsanding and buffing it today, and had enough time to pinstripe it. I'll polish it tomorrow and finish up the trailer. It came out better than I thought it would, but you can't call it new by any means. 5 days left 'till it gets wet....
    http://www.freeboardchallenged.com/stevens/pin1.JPG
    http://www.freeboardchallenged.com/stevens/pin2.JPG
    Mike that thing looks way better than I would have ever expected it to. Very nice you should be very proud of the work ya'll did on that.

Thanks. You'll notice there's no bow shot.... mostly 'cuz the gel on the deck is gone and the bow apparently was used to ram docks!

kraig
    DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is soooo cool. You da' man! I remember seeing the boat when you first posted some pics, I just can't beleive it. Total class.

DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is soooo cool. You da' man! I remember seeing the boat when you first posted some pics, I just can't beleive it. Total class.
    Thanks. Since the very beginning I knew this boat wouldn't be fast, so I wanted to take it back to it's roots but with a little class. It's been real tempting to modernize things here and there, but I wanted a kind of time capsule look to it. There are a couple things I added that strayed from the original idea, but it's close to what I envisioned.
    Gee, I wonder if it FLOATS.....:jawdrop:

4604me
    after seeing the finished product, I would't paint a name on that fine piece of art work, I love the cleen look, and the sweet lines of that boat, vary impressive. nice job. Steve.

b's sanger
    after seeing the finished product, I would't paint a name on that fine piece of art work, I love the cleen look, and the sweet lines of that boat, vary impressive. nice job. Steve.
    That's bad luck. Gotta have a name.

n8dawg
    Thanks. Since the very beginning I knew this boat wouldn't be fast, so I wanted to take it back to it's roots but with a little class. It's been real tempting to modernize things here and there, but I wanted a kind of time capsule look to it. There are a couple things I added that strayed from the original idea, but it's close to what I envisioned.
    Gee, I wonder if it FLOATS.....:jawdrop:
    Talk about a blast from the past! Thats the nicest retro jet boat I've ever seen! Great Job!!! Looking at that boat really makes me wish I was born back in the day when you could walk into the dealership and buy one of thoughs beauties right there and then.
    Still pondering the thought of rolling out there this weekend. If I dont end up going... good luck with the Stevens and be safe.
    Nate

Well, I decided on a name. I liked "gold school", but I am looking for a time warp effect with this boat, and there was no "school" back in the 60's. What I picked is kind of boring, and is probably one of those over used names of the 60s and 70s, but apprpriate....... "Fool's Gold". I don't have time to cut it before I leave, but I figured I'd get some old style prism tape and use that. Next time out......

Oh, and here's hoping I used enough silicone in the right places! We'll see on the ramp tomorrow morning.:jawdrop:

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast