Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New air shifters for Casale V Drives

vdrivedenis
    After we got the pneumatic down plate system perfected, we went after the air shifters. The first one was installed on the winning 9.5-9.999 boat at the opening NJBA meet (Steven Stuart). Following are a few pictures. We hope to market two types, one with the solenoid attached and one without the solenoid attached. We will have a display at the next NJBA meet, and at Red Bluff.
    Denis

Dennis ... your stuff is super clean ... I need pricing on the air shifter ... I want one for my own v-drive!
    You guys, Dennis' machine work and engineering is top notch IMO!
    Brian
    949-551-6000

vdrivedenis
    Brian,
    Thanks for the inquiry. So far we have built six units which are all commited and are looking for feelers as to how much interest there is in a good shift unit. At this writing it looks like with parts and labor they would be $650.00 complete, less bottle and regulator. Installation of the unit to the V-Drive is about 5 minutes, with nothing to adjust. Just put your shift fork on the unit, remove the detent ball and spring and bolt it on. With the the unitized unit, you only need to plug in the Co2 line and switch wire. When ordered, we will supply the poly line to the color of your choice, as well as a choice of a toggle switch or push button. Unit will also be supplied with an 'in gear' indicator lamp. At the next NJBA meet, I will have both a unitized and non-unitized unit on a demonstration stand, so they can be played with. If I have time between now and then, I will make and package a few units for sale there. Be great to have you come by the shop if you are ever in our area (Lake San Antonio). Thanks for the compliments!! Denis:

At this writing it looks like with parts and labor they would be $650.00 complete, less bottle and regulator.
    I'm sold ... I'll take one ... do you need a deposit?

connell50
    Dennis
    Saw your boat last year at San Antonio. Hope you bring your
    boat over to the lake during outing in May.
    Tim

MR.ED Hydro
    Denis,
    I have been closely looking at different airshift systems for some time now for my hydro. Your setup is by far the cleanest I have seen so far. Put me down for one. Ill be calling ya.
    Joe Hoppe

Wrenchforce
    Denis,
    Where's your shop on San Antonio? I grew up on Nacimiento and parents live there. You're going to be having several thousand triathletes taking over your place in a few weeks (Wildflower). I'm assuming that the airshifter is only for drag setups - right? I have a Turbo 400 tranny/casale setup that I use the manual shifter on. It's a marathon boat, once I get the skier up, or the turbos spinning, shift and forget about it.
    Nice to see some development going on at San Antonio. Looks like you guys will be having the water this year, as they have already pulled the plug on Nacimiento. I'll be heading over as soon as I get my motor put together.
    Sean

Marty Gras
    You have a very nice piece, but I think Jamie Brendell had one back in the 80's. We were working on the tube chassis for the "Coors Light" TAH back in 1985. Jamie said we needed a remote shift for the Casale. HE designed the control and the slave for that system, am I wrong? You may have a "cleaner look" but it still works the same old way. We tried to keep it SIMPLE, so that "drivers on the rope" had no problems. In what way is your part better? Thank you in advance or your responce!

superdave013
    You have a very nice piece, but I think Jamie Brendell had one back in the 80's. We were working on the tube chassis for the "Coors Light" TAH back in 1985. Jamie said we needed a remote shift for the Casale. HE designed the control and the slave for that system, am I wrong? You may have a "cleaner look" but it still works the same old way. We tried to keep it SIMPLE, so that "drivers on the rope" had no problems. In what way is your part better? Thank you in advance or your responce!
    C'mon Marty Kat, don't be a hater all the time! This guy is not claiming to have built the first one.
    Always a way to build a better (or different) mouse trap. This looks to be a slick piece.
    At a glance:
    No exposed linkage.
    Less bolts.
    No rod ends or a shaft.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast