Thread: Thermostat housing

BrendellaJet
    Anybody ever just use a 3/8 or 1/2 plate aluminum plate and drill two holes in it? A Decent housing new is like $90 bucks...Would a plate setup work? I Dont want stainless and the aluminum castings I've seen are not what I want to use.

Bow Tie Omega
    Bri, does your manifold have the two threaded holes casted into each side of the thermostat hole? I just purchases the thermostat blockoff plate and ran fittings into the holes. It all works great...Here is the pic of my motor.....SOrry, pics are not uploading today.....Look at that pic I sent you last weekend.

v-drive
    did that,works great. just make sure the plate is flat. v-drive

squirt
    making a plate is a very easy thing to do and won't take you much time. It will also save you $90.00.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...gauge2-med.JPG

I may have some aluminum plates with 3/8 or 1/2 pipe. If anyone's interested let me know and I'll look for them. I will sell them very reasonable.

BrendellaJet
    Bri, does your manifold have the two threaded holes casted into each side of the thermostat hole? I just purchases the thermostat blockoff plate and ran fittings into the holes. It all works great...Here is the pic of my motor.....SOrry, pics are not uploading today.....Look at that pic I sent you last weekend.
    Genious! I cant believe I didn't think of that.

BrendellaJet
    I may have some aluminum plates with 3/8 or 1/2 pipe. If anyone's interested let me know and I'll look for them. I will sell them very reasonable.
    Rex let me know how much. I've got an order pending a backordered item or two, so if the price is right Ill add it to the list.

Bow Tie Omega
    YOur number one smart ass!!!! Obvious you did not think hard enough!

CARLSON-JET
    I did the same thing. Works great and as others have done, it makes a good place to mount a pressure gauge.
    I like the powder coated/painted version squirt.. nice touch