Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a kegerator?

Boozer
    So I am in the process of making my own kegerator. Everything is done except for the keg and the co2 tank.
    I have a lot of friends who refuse to drink keg/draft beer because they say it causes them to have headaches. I'm wondering if using nitrogen instead of co2 will make it so people who get headaches from draft/keg beer wont get them.
    Anyone ever experiment with the two?

dumbandyoung
    So I am in the process of making my own kegerator. Everything is done except for the keg and the co2 tank.
    I have a lot of friends who refuse to drink keg/draft beer because they say it causes them to have headaches. I'm wondering if using nitrogen instead of co2 will make it so people who get headaches from draft/keg beer wont get them.
    I have one, I use the c02. Never thought of using nitrogen. Friends shouldnt complain about free beer.

LUVNLIFE
    I have a kegerrator and never have a headache. I think the headache comes from the higher flow that is achieved by having the regulator turned up to high to pour the beer fast. I have mine set real low and slow. Takes longer to pour but with less foam and you save on co2

rrrr
    Boozer......fer Chrissakes. This is the type of gift you don't receive often.
    Your friends are telling you they don't want to drink your FREE, COLD beer on tap. Smart Boozer would grin and apologize because there's nothing else in the house. You get the draft beer for yourself and they get to pay for their own.
    That's about as rare as someone offering gas money for the boat.

dumbandyoung
    That's about as rare as someone offering gas money for the boat.
    lmao!

Boa1277
    Filling up your Kegerator bottle with nitrogen will give you about 1/8 the bottle life compared to C02. Nitrogen is a gas, C02 is a liquid, since you are not using a siphon tube in the bottle it comes out as a gas..A great example is the 4X4 clubs are all using C02 to refill their tires after they drop the pressure to climb a hill or rock, the reason the do not use nitrogen is you can get 8 X more refills with C02. We sell both at my work, C02 is $1.00 per pound, Nitrogen is around 4 dollars a pound. Good luck it is a very interesting idea. C02 comes out very cold Nitrogen is not cold when it comes out, but it is not hot either.

Boozer
    I know, I know... Beggers can't be choosers. I figured if I haven't gotten the co2 bottle yet I'd see if anyone had luck with nitrogen helping with the headaches. However, now knowing that the nitrogen won't last for sh*t co2 it is!

Classic Daycruiser
    Filling up your Kegerator bottle with nitrogen will give you about 1/8 the bottle life compared to C02. Nitrogen is a gas, C02 is a liquid, since you are not using a siphon tube in the bottle it comes out as a gas..A great example is the 4X4 clubs are all using C02 to refill their tires after they drop the pressure to climb a hill or rock, the reason the do not use nitrogen is you can get 8 X more refills with C02. We sell both at my work, C02 is $1.00 per pound, Nitrogen is around 4 dollars a pound. Good luck it is a very interesting idea. C02 comes out very cold Nitrogen is not cold when it comes out, but it is not hot either.
    I think you should experiment with helium gas. Wait until everybodys had a few off the CO2, then when there good and buzzed, switch to the helium tank :idea:

sponger_2
    some beers,lagers need nitrogen instead of co2. i know guiness needs nitrogen.

455Rocket
    Since im in the business i suppose i can shed some light on the issue:
    The only reason to use N2 is pushing heavy ales, and then it's a 25/75 CO2 N2 mix.
    N2 is only used alone for wine. With beer you'll get no head... and everyone wants head
    I have a few used alum tanks w/ fresh hydro test dates for $65, full. New for $85
    New regulators go for $65 as well.
    let me know if I can help.
    Tym's Inc.
    310-673-3330
    Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast