Thread: Xtreme Billet iPod Holder & iPod Water-proof-ness...

Pussywhippled
    Anybody know how waterproof an iPod is?
    They seem like a pretty sealed unit but...
    I'm thinking about mounting an Xtreme iPod holder on the boat but don't want any problems especially after drilling a couple of mounting holes.
    If you don't know, can you get your iPod wet and report back to me?
    Keep me posted...
    Thanks

riverbound
    I have the Extreme holder in my boat and have gotten my Ipod wet once ro twice (not sokaing wet) and so far havent had any problems.

dumbandyoung
    I dont have a holder and its been wet a few times. I think as long as you dont get water in the bottom plug or the headphone jack your ok. Personally I think its safer in the glove box if you have one.

phebus
    I would go with one of the Alpine head units that you control your iPod through, and mount the iPod in an area that doesn't get wet.

Pussywhippled
    I would go with one of the Alpine head units that you control your iPod through, and mount the iPod in an area that doesn't get wet.
    I don't even know why I posted this thread other than being stupid.
    I have the Alpine 9857 and play my iPod on shuffle anyways (using my remote to change the songs) so why would I need the billet holder other than bling.
    I guess when I saw it at the OC boat show I just started thinking... "Wow where could I mount that?"
    Idiot...

707dog
    anyone got any pictures of the blingy ipod holder??? might be interest in one.

Pussywhippled
    anyone got any pictures of the blingy ipod holder??? might be interest in one.
    You don't want to see one... The second you do you'll be trying to redo your whole system just to use one... Lol

Pussywhippled
    Here's the link to the blingin' iPod holder...
    http://www.xaudiocovers.com/product.php?cat_id=9

UltraLucky
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...s/P1010154.JPG This is The one I installed on my boat. I had to do a little clearaning with a dremal so the cable could fit. My Ipod shuffle has been throuh the washing machine and worked fine after I let air out for a few days.