Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: The Great Global Warming Swindle

jimslade
    Glad your wife is ok, but "cost you nothing"? So where does the government get money for health care?
    BTW, we do take care of sick people even illegals that have broken Federal laws. No one is refused life saving health care. now to them the cost is free, but guess who pays for it? It's not really free. We pay for it through general taxes. No upfront fees. The good thing is no one is going to lose their house if they get sick. I don't drink or smoke so the prices don't affect me. The drinkers and smokers need the health care system more so I guess thats why they pay high prices.

jimslade
    Your respect??? that and $35. will get me a box of beer
    What is medecine? Thats what they give the illegal immigrants!

bigq
    It's not really free. We pay for it through general taxes. No upfront fees. The good thing is no one is going to lose their house if they get sick. I don't drink or smoke so the prices don't affect me. The drinkers and smokers need the health care system more so I guess thats why they pay high prices.
    Yes I know. My point is nothing is free it is just a metter of where it comes from. We pay for insurance, which I did for 4 years while being a self contracted person, but all premiums were a write off on my taxes which helps. Right now my insurance is part of my job benefits. Some people look at this as free, which it is not, it just comes out a different way.
    and yes smokers usually pay higher premiums because of known risk. Can't say I know anyone that lost there house because of health care.

bigq
    Thats what they give the illegal immigrants!
    illegal immigrants should get fixed up and sent back from where they came from. They broke federal laws and should be deported. It might be too late for the US though, time will tell.

CARLSON-JET
    So far I have noted the possible user fee on boats (proposed $1500) and read something else about another tax on non hybrid not so fuel friendly trucks ect. in Cali. Has anyone else read anything about any more costs that are going to be invloved if GW becomes "Law"?
    I read about the EPA trying to dodge the CO2 deal after the lawsuit. How long before they are pressured into actually making us pay for it? Meaning higher vehicle costs or energy ect. to reduce CO2. I have a strong feeling we are going to eat this wether we believe or can prove GW is not something that is man made.
    I read something the other day that stated the sun delivers more energy in one second to the earth, then all the energy man produces/consumes in a year. That statement really made me think we are more insignificant to GW then I had previously thought.

SmokinLowriderSS
    I read something the other day that stated the sun delivers more energy in one second to the earth, then all the energy man produces/consumes in a year. That statement really made me think we are more insignificant to GW then I had previously thought.
    That little fact is another one of the reasons that I am unconvinced we are cooking this planet in it's entirety.

Old Texan
    So far I have noted the possible user fee on boats (proposed $1500) and read something else about another tax on non hybrid not so fuel friendly trucks ect. in Cali. Has anyone else read anything about any more costs that are going to be invloved if GW becomes "Law"?
    I read about the EPA trying to dodge the CO2 deal after the lawsuit. How long before they are pressured into actually making us pay for it? Meaning higher vehicle costs or energy ect. to reduce CO2. I have a strong feeling we are going to eat this wether we believe or can prove GW is not something that is man made.
    Bingo, the political agenda of user fees and excise taxes is the prime goal of people like Al Gore "getting the job done". They will play the fact they have punished the non believers and are helping society by making the pollutors pay for their sins. All based on theory and innuendo.
    Ultra John was asking why gas prices had risen so dramatically, wait until the GW taxes hit the pump. GW has the potential to set this country into a terrible recession. Yeah I know, greedy conservative Republican concern for the economy over the environment attitude, sorry John.

steelcomp
    Bingo, the political agenda of user fees and excise taxes is the prime goal of people like Al Gore "getting the job done". They will play the fact they have punished the non believers and are helping society by making the pollutors pay for their sins. All based on theory and innuendo.
    Ultra John was asking why gas prices had risen so dramatically, wait until the GW taxes hit the pump. GW has the potential to set this country into a terrible recession. Yeah I know, greedy conservative Republican concern for the economy over the environment attitude, sorry John.It's going to go further than that...look at what's happened to the price of corn. Cattle farmers are going to feel that squeeze, and then what happens to the price of beef (and anything else corn-based, or corn fed)? Wait 'till they start really pushing alcohol-based fuels. That's a brand new opportunity for a completely different price structure. No one's saying it's going to be cheaper, just cleaner, which is a complete crock.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Ultra John was asking why gas prices had risen so dramatically, wait until the GW taxes hit the pump. GW has the potential to set this country into a terrible recession. Yeah I know, greedy conservative Republican concern for the economy over the environment attitude, sorry John.
    Tex, nothing to be sorry for. As I recall i commented that gas prices had risen so dramatically as a result of greed. If the shoe fits. If conservative Republicans were truely concerned about the economy, would the current conservative Republican administration be doing something to cut Govt spending, and in turn the debt?
    No one's saying it's going to be cheaper, just cleaner, which is a complete crock.
    Steel, what is the crock? I think this is about the fact that corn is renewable. You can't grow oil.

eliminatedsprinter
    It's probably more like more energy than man has ever produced, let alone one year. But this factoid is a bit of a non sequitur in the GW debate. The GW debate is more about how much of the sun's energy (ie heat) that human produced gasses trap and keep here on earth, rather than how much man or the sun produces. Although solar activity is most likely the largest single factor in climate change. The question is are human produced "greenhouse gasses" a large enough secondary factor to be having a significant influence.