Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Thread: The Great Global Warming Swindle

asch
    I think this is about the fact that corn is renewable. You can't grow oil.
    Oh that's right....not only are we changing the climate, we're running out of oil too.
    Tell me ultra, is there ANY proof that using bio fuel will for certain eliminate your global warming? At what point do we claim victory? Are you willing to give up that boat of yours? How bout all the creature comforts you enjoy. As someone pointed out earlier, back in the 70's, there were those smog alerts. Now, in 2007, we SEEMINGLY have improved air quality, but it's STILL not good enough. Where and when will it stop? It won't. Until we hand over every last vestige of our freedom, the globalists that are in charge will not quit. I say this because the next step in this ridiculous craze is grabbing land. MARK MY WORDS. The midwest areas will become the new oil fields and as such, will need to be "protected". The result will be government seizing private land in order to control the land. Control the land and....well....that's only the beginning. Sad thing is land owners will likely willingly hand it over for the sake of the environment, through sale purchase or otherwise. This is a most insidious conspiracy.
    Yes there are people sitting around plotting America's demise. Just like the communist conspiracy, only packaged differently. Stalin, Marx and Lennon varied in their views of communism, but they all agreed that their enemy was capitalism. This is an ongoing extension of that agenda. To not recognize GW as such is to ignore or not know the nature and intents of the enemy. There are many unseen people at work here. The scientific "consenus" is just a propaganda tool as is Gore and the rest of em.
    So ultra, consider yourself recruited.
    I hate to sound cliche, but our freedoms our constantly under attack through plotting or conspiracy or through overt war.
    Hope this helps you to see the larger game at play.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Oh that's right....not only are we changing the climate, we're running out of oil too.
    Tell me ultra, is there ANY proof that using bio fuel will for certain eliminate your global warming? At what point do we claim victory? Are you willing to give up that boat of yours? How bout all the creature comforts you enjoy. As someone pointed out earlier, back in the 70's, there were those smog alerts. Now, in 2007, we SEEMINGLY have improved air quality, but it's STILL not good enough. Where and when will it stop? It won't. Until we hand over every last vestige of our freedom, the globalists that are in charge will not quit. I say this because the next step in this ridiculous craze is grabbing land. MARK MY WORDS. The midwest areas will become the new oil fields and as such, will need to be "protected". The result will be government seizing private land in order to control the land. Control the land and....well....that's only the beginning. Sad thing is land owners will likely willingly hand it over for the sake of the environment, through sale purchase or otherwise. This is a most insidious conspiracy.
    Yes there are people sitting around plotting America's demise. Just like the communist conspiracy, only packaged differently. Stalin, Marx and Lennon varied in their views of communism, but they all agreed that their enemy was capitalism. This is an ongoing extension of that agenda. To not recognize GW as such is to ignore or not know the nature and intents of the enemy. There are many unseen people at work here. The scientific "consenus" is just a propaganda tool as is Gore and the rest of em.
    I hate to sound cliche, but our freedoms our constantly under attack through plotting or conspiracy or through overt war.
    My comment was "I think this is about the fact that corn is renewable. You can't grow oil."
    No I don't feel or see a commy type conspiricy all around us. What are you so afraid of? Surely not me. The oil supplies will not last forever. I guess if you believe that the end is near, nothing else matters. I don't see the Armageddon thing as something that is upon us.

eliminatedsprinter
    The land grab has already begun (under Clinton in the 90s) just ask any former rancher in southern Utah.
    Here is what happened to a relative of mine.
    He was a 90 year old who owned a horse ranch, that raised a small number of a specific and expensive type of horses. President Clinton declared the area his land was on "protected" and he recieved a letter telling him that while he still owned the land and could live on it and was responsible for all debts aginst it, or mortgage etc, he could no longer raise horses on it, because they might damage it's natural ecosystem. Of course the horses were his means of supporting his life there, so he had no choice but to try to sell it. The problem was, that since nobody could use his ranch for ranching, it was now worthless. But never fear, the federal government stepped in and offered to buy it,,,for a couple of pennies to the dollar of what is was worth before it was "protected". That ranch was purchased by his father over 100 years before it was lost and it's loss was a huge blow to that side of the family. This happened to all the ranchers in his area and countless others in other places as well.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Steel, what is the crock? I think this is about the fact that corn is renewable. You can't grow oil.
    The crock currently is this Ultra.
    Corn produces the largest ammount of alcohol per measuring unit (pound/bushell/ton/whatever) of any growable source.
    Energy is required to turn the corn into alcohol, which means electricity, which means burning coal/oil/natural gas, or running a nuke power plant.
    The alcohol produced is capable of producing LESS ENERGY than the energy sources used to make it. Hence, you could not use corn alcohol to make corn alcohol.
    A truly "renewable" or "alternative" energy source would provide an energy surplus, not a debt.
    Ther is the great problem with grain alcohol as a fuel source that you WILL NOT hear from those pushing ethanol as an alternative fuel.

bigq
    Nuke energy is the way to go. From what i understang they can even burn the waste from older nuke plants in the new technology nuke plants.
    As far as ethenol they are looking into ways of using different sources besides corn. They are also working on clearing up the plants that refine the ethenol.
    I actually think they will have a big push for Hydrogen in about 8-10 years. I read the other day that UPS is testing 10 Hydrogen trucks as we speak with great reliability.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Corn produces the largest ammount of alcohol per measuring unit (pound/bushell/ton/whatever) of any growable source.
    Energy is required to turn the corn into alcohol, which means electricity, which means burning coal/oil/natural gas, or running a nuke power plant.
    The alcohol produced is capable of producing LESS ENERGY than the energy sources used to make it. Hence, you could not use corn alcohol to make corn alcohol.
    A truly "renewable" or "alternative" energy source would provide an energy surplus, not a debt.
    Ther is the great problem with grain alcohol as a fuel source that you WILL NOT hear from those pushing ethanol as an alternative fuel.
    A New Biofuel: Propane
    Propane chemically derived from corn could be used in heating and transportation.
    Biofuel alternative: MIT researchers are developing an efficient process for making propane from corn or sugarcane.
    Credit: Dawn M. Turner
    MIT researchers say they have developed an efficient chemical process for making propane from corn or sugarcane. They are incorporating a startup this week to commercialize the biopropane process, which they hope will find a place in the existing $21 billion U.S. market for the fuel.
    While much of the attention on biofuels has focused on ethanol, the process developed by the MIT researchers produces propane, says Andrew Peterson, one of the graduate students who demonstrated the reactions. Propane is used in the United States for residential heating and some industrial processes, and to a limited extent as a liquid transportation fuel. "We're making a demonstrated fuel" for which a market and an infrastructure already exist, says Peterson, who works in the lab of chemical-engineering professor Jefferson Tester and has founded the startup C3 BioEnergy, based in Cambridge, MA, to commercialize the technology.
    Propane, which is currently made from petroleum, has a higher energy density than ethanol, and although it is often used in its gaseous form, it's the cleanest-burning liquid fuel.
    The C3 BioEnergy process depends on supercritical water--water at a very high temperature and pressure--which facilitates the reactions that turn a biological compound into propane. Peterson wouldn't reveal the starting compound, but he says that it is a product of the fermentation of the sugars found in corn or sugarcane. The reaction is driven by heat, requiring no catalysts. At supercritical temperature and pressure, Peterson says, "water does bizarre things. It becomes like a nonpolar solvent" and mixes with the organic compounds. Once the reaction has taken place, the solution is kept under high pressure and cooled to room temperature so that the propane comes out of the solution and floats to the top. "We've demonstrated that we can make propane," says Peterson. "Now we're trying to optimize the reaction rate and get it to a scalable stage."
    Peterson says the biopropane conversion has a good energy balance: not much fossil fuel needs to be burned during production. The reaction does not require the input of a large amount of energy because the heat that's key to the biopropane conversion is recoverable using a heat exchanger, a device that transfers heat in and out of a fluid.
    "All biofuel reactions involve removing oxygen from the starting compound," says George Huber, assistant professor of chemical engineering at the University of Massachusetts, in Amherst. There are a number of strategies for doing this, including reactions that rely on biological catalysts. But, says Huber, "supercritical fluids are a very promising way to make biofuels. You can do it in a very small reactor in a very short time, so you can do it very economically."
    Other academic labs are developing processes that use high-temperature, high-pressure fluids to make biofuels. Douglas Elliott, at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, in Richland, WA, is using near-supercritical conditions in combination with a catalyst to treat wastewater and unprocessed biomass. Under these conditions, organic compounds can be made into a mixture of methane (the main component in natural gas) and carbon dioxide. "We've gone all the way from small-batch reactors to treating a few gallons of wastewater per hour," says Elliott, who is working with a company on commercializing the technology for water treatment. "We're still in the lab with biomass."
    Huber and Elliott say the MIT biopropane process is novel. "I've never seen anyone make propane with supercritical fluids," says Huber.
    In some countries, including Australia, propane is more widely used as a transportation fuel. In the United States, "you would have to modify engines to use it," says Huber. "Biopropane could be used where we already use propane."

SmokinLowriderSS
    Biopropane. Hmmmm Will have to see if they can get it produced anywhere as efficiently as they say. Looks very interesting. This is the first I had heard of this one.
    See Ultra, I'm not against EVERYTHING you come up with.

Blown 472
    And they dont use any power what so ever to get oil and convert it? then ship it, load and unload it, goes on and on and on.
    You are a great mouthpiece, you should have been a lobbyist.

SmokinLowriderSS
    And they dont use any power what so ever to get oil and convert it? then ship it, load and unload it, goes on and on and on.
    You are a great mouthpiece, you should have been a lobbyist.
    Speaking of idiot cockbite mouthpieces.

Blown 472
    Speaking of idiot cockbite mouthpieces.
    Now that is no way to talk about yourself. So I gots to ask, you think that some ay rab is going to wait until 08 to pull off his shit, knowing full well it will make him a marter and get the virgins and all that just cuz a democrate might get the whitehouse?