Thread: New Stringers

sawtooth
    I am about to install new stringers (vertical grain doug fir) in my boat and was looking for some info from the pro's. Is it best to set them, tab them in, and then cover with cloth or set them wet in resin, tab them, and then cover with cloth or set them in some wet mat, tab them and then cover with cloth. Also what weight cloth would be best 2oz. or 4oz. or ? and how many layers, and if I am not mistaken each layer should over lap the last by like 2" on each side right. Thanks you guys are the best ever.......no really!
    Chris.

sawtooth
    Hellooooooooooooo, anybodyyyyyyyy out thereeeeeeeee, anyone, anyone at all, Buler, Bular.

BILLY.B
    What in God's green earth are you doing NOW???. You my friend are a real beauty. Call me when you get a moment and i'll try and stir you the right direction.

jimslade
    I am about to install new stringers (vertical grain doug fir) in my boat and was looking for some info from the pro's. Is it best to set them, tab them in, and then cover with cloth or set them wet in resin, tab them, and then cover with cloth or set them in some wet mat, tab them and then cover with cloth. Also what weight cloth would be best 2oz. or 4oz. or ? and how many layers, and if I am not mistaken each layer should over lap the last by like 2" on each side right. Thanks you guys are the best ever.......no really!
    Chris. Go to Boatdesign.net search. I posted till my fingers are sore answering the same question.