Thread: Lake Fest

1978 Rogers
    My wife & I are flying down from Seattle tonight to bring our kids to see my folks. I'll be going to the races on Saturday. It would be nice to meet some of you from the area. Maybe we can get together and have a beer.
    Chris

AZKC
    Nobody drinks beer at the races There will be a group down by the finish line end of the grandstands. Listen for the sounds of the weedwacker blender, unless they wore it out

fc-pilot
    I will be there hobbling around with Wannaberacing and our father. We will be there Friday, and maybe Saturday.
    Paul

flattie
    bring your wallet beers there are about $9.00 for a tap of some of the worst beer put in a cardboard container

1978 Rogers
    We are at my folks place in Gold Canyon. I'm not sure what day to go. I wanted to see some of the top fuel, but those are on Sunday and we fly back to Seattle sunday morning. My wife & I were planning on spending most of Saturday at the races. Maybe Friday also to watch some of the test n tune. Do many boats run during the test n tune?
    PM me and I'll send you my cell phone number.
    Chris

1978 Rogers
    bring your wallet beers there are about $9.00 for a tap of some of the worst beer put in a cardboard container
    They were only $8. LOL.
    Damn what a good time I had. I'm a little sun burnt, but WOW that rocked. I don't get seeing the water lice running down the track, especially the one that seem to take 2 minutes. I wish I could come back on Sunday.

fc-pilot
    Sounds like you had a good time. I wish I could have been there today, but we got a bunch of stuff done today. So what all happened?
    Paul

1978 Rogers
    I wish I could tell you all we saw. But it was just awesome. there was a turbine powered boat, an out drive was chine walking pretty bad and had to let off the throttle. A V Drive started loosing it, right in front of us by the North end of the stands. He recovered, but his engine cowling came off and sunk. They go by so close to the stand, I'd think they would go right through the chain link fence if they lost it. I can't wait for next year.
    I met Shawn Reed. He's a pretty cool guy. I need to get down to some of the Oregon races.