Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trailer Bearings

TahitiTiger
    I decided to do some maintence on my trailer bearings. Seeing I bought the boat 3 years ago and never checked em when I got it. Any ways the bearings were in excelent shape, and I got new BCA bearings and seals for it. Question though I have Mobile 1 grease both in a tub, and my grease gun. Can I use it, or should I do the right thing and get boat trailer grease? BTW I am not running bearing buddies, I have regular grease caps with zerk fittings.
    Thanks
    TT

Taylorman
    Id use that, im sure it will be just fine.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Put bearing buddies on and don't open them back up for a quarter century or so.

centerhill condor
    Put bearing buddies on and don't open them back up for a quarter century or so.
    good advice. also, from time to time after you've been trailering put a finger on each hub...should be nice and cool. if not, check the bearings.

Hallett19
    Who can I have to do the trailer bearings on my trailer, I think mine are wasted! Probably be okay to take it to any tire shop, right?

HBjet
    good advice. also, from time to time after you've been trailering put a finger on each hub...should be nice and cool. if not, check the bearings.
    Nice and cool? After driving for 200 miles they should be nice and cool? Mine are never HOT, but that are warm for sure. Even after having them serviced.
    Hmmm
    HBjet

Mr. Crusader 83
    I used to tow from San Diego to Havasu every other weekend and the bearings on my trailer have always been nice and cool after 300 miles.

TahitiTiger
    bearing buddies? I have always heard bad things about them. My 62 Glasspar's trailer had bearing buddies, and they were a pain in the arse. (yes they were new).

BrendellaJet
    I used to tow from San Diego to Havasu every other weekend and the bearings on my trailer have always been nice and cool after 300 miles.
    Were they cool, or just somewhat warm, not hot. Mine are always warm enough to touch, but no so hot they would burn my finger.

patrolman808
    Do our trailers pretty much use the same bearings? I need to change all 4 of mine out for a little peace of mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast