Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Pictures of my Carbon Fiber Covers

Kurtis500
    GofastRacer:
    Kurtis, that is totally awesome!!! eek! Are you going to make some tall BBC's???, you have one set sold already!!!... wink I might make some in the near future (month or two) What color do you want? eek!
    The only problem with creating a new mold is the TIME invloved with getting it from an idea to an operable mold. I see what they meant when they told me the most valuable part of a manufacturing facility is its molds. Restofreak is a mold maker (I think) I'm sure he knows this. I think I will make some for the chevy soon. I have one here that I can take out to the lake and it runs over 7200rpm. I can put my test stuff on for a try. So at least the stuff will be tested before its made.
    Anything else i make I will shoot a picture up here for you guys to see.
    Another project coming up... I bought a 4 port hilborn and am going to fab a fiber scoop for it..
    [ November 28, 2002, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Kurtis500 ]

Sangster
    Are you talkin' bout the four port "vertical" injection
    [ November 28, 2002, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

GofastRacer
    Kurtis500:
    GofastRacer:
    Kurtis, that is totally awesome!!! eek! Are you going to make some tall BBC's???, you have one set sold already!!!... ; I might make some in the near future (month or two) What color do you want?
    The only problem with creating a new mold is the TIME invloved with getting it from an idea to an operable mold. I see what they meant when they told me the most valuable part of a manufacturing facility is its molds. Restofreak is a mold maker (I think) I'm sure he knows this. I think I will make some for the chevy soon. I have one here that I can take out to the lake and it runs over 7200rpm. I can put my test stuff on for a try. So at least the stuff will be tested before its made.
    Anything else i make I will shoot a picture up here for you guys to see.
    Another project coming up... I bought a 4 port hilborn and am going to fab a fiber scoop for it.. Is it possible to make it in purple to come close to my anodizing??, that would be totally bitchin!, I could take a piece over to ya so you could match it up if it's possible!! What are your plans for that Hilborn after you fab a scoop??, if it's the tall with 3" ports, I'd be interested in it along with a scoop!!... wink wink

GofastRacer
    Sangster:
    Are you talkin' bout the four port "vertical" injection I'm sure it is, that's the only one that takes a scoop and that is a bitchin unit!!...
    [ November 28, 2002, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: GofastRacer ]

DAVE94LIGHTNING
    Kurtis: Good info, so are you saying that it is "SAFE" for me to run this motor in my boat without the seals around the valve cover holes? If it is then I will keep my set of MSD wires because they work well and look good. I will be sure to NOT pull any plugs before drying the tubes out completely and blowing all the water out.
    Thanks again.

Kurtis500
    Sangster:
    Are you talkin' bout the four port "vertical" injection Thats the one... I'm going to try and make one similar to the scoop for the other square port injectors used on some of the T/F dragsters with the upright injectors. The scoop will be made in a different way from the valve covers, similar to a regular fiberglass scoop. Your familiar with that process. I will probably core it with k-mat. the stuff is super strong but is difficult to paste in double 90 degree bends. I made a scoop for my 2 carbs with the stuff. Very rigid and about 1/4 to 3/8 thick when all done. Just takes a while to lay up wink
    [ November 28, 2002, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: Kurtis500 ]

Kurtis500
    Is it possible to make it in purple to come close to my anodizing??, that would be totally bitchin!, I could take a piece over to ya so you could match it up if it's possible!! What are your plans for that Hilborn after you fab a scoop??, if it's the tall with 3" ports, I'd be interested in it along with a scoop!!... I will ask my supplier. If they have it in purple the color should come out very nice. The red I have turns a couple shades darker once injected. I'm going to try blue next and it should be a nice deep blue and black. I'm going to ask next week. I myself wanted to see if they had a purple since i thought it would look awesome. I'm going to run the injection on my hydro. I had soo many problems with my carbs that I had to do it. Or, thats how my wife sees it right now wink
    [ November 28, 2002, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: Kurtis500 ]

Kurtis500
    DAVE94LIGHTNING:
    Kurtis: Good info, so are you saying that it is "SAFE" for me to run this motor in my boat without the seals around the valve cover holes? If it is then I will keep my set of MSD wires because they work well and look good. I will be sure to NOT pull any plugs before drying the tubes out completely and blowing all the water out.
    Thanks again.Yes you can. I've never had a problem at all. I have forgot to check the tubes for water twice. Both times I had to change my oil from the mistake.

Kurtis500, I don't know how deep you plan on going with this but I would possibly be interested in a purple scoop for a PGF if you ever got board and made a mold for it.

DansBlown73Nordic
    Ok here it goes. I don't want to sound stupid, but what exactly is Carbon fiber anyway? Is it just like Glass only fibers of Carbon?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast