Thread: What jets and powervalve?

Wet Dream
    The carb is a 750 Holley, vac secs. I'm not a carb guy at all, but I'm about to learn real quick. eek! This is for an Olds 455, pretty stock, jet cam, Bassetts. I like it to run a little fat to avoid leaning out a cylinder, but not kill the fuel usage. What jets go where and I guess power valves come in different #'s? What should I use? Any tips for making the secs come in quick?

Hotcrusader76
    Give me a call tomorrow and I can steer you in the right direction on tuning that thing.
    ~Ty
    877.TPC.CARB
    [ May 20, 2003, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Awwww come on ty, I need to learn this shit too wink Why dont you post some info so I can learn also. The only difference is that my carbs are holley 1850's(did I mention they were dual's on an olds). I was running a little ghosty(white plugs) on the driver side before I blew it up

HammerDown
    Call Ty...the man's a pleasure to talk to over the phone...very informative, and chances are he'll give you answers/tips/suggestions you never even thought of.
    Wish we had someone like him in my area... East Coast Philly area that is.

LeE ss13
    I have seen Magic done on Holleys of all different sizes by Professional Carburetor rebuilders. However, I believe that if you are going to run a single carb., consider all the money you have invested in your boat, and that perhaps one of the most important pieces of performance hardware is on the top of the engine, spend a little more and buy a NEW #9380 (850) or #9381 (830). I think they are the best Out-of-the-Box single carb you can put on a big block marine engine. Heck SS70 went 121 mph with an 830 on a 427 Chevy ... not bad. my $.02

Hotcrusader76
    Ok....now I am on another break...
    First off, it's easier for me to chat with ya at this moment in time. Pre-river season is very busy for me right now. Sometimes you might even talk to the machine if ya call at a busy time. Otherwise try calling.
    Second off, I agree with the 830HP choice. Those carburetors 'rock' out of the box. Maybe a air-bleed on the idle circuit or jet change here or there, but that's normal carburetion anyhow.
    Two thumbs up for the HP830 for Marine. Just make sure you add a 50cc secondary pump to the rear for you Jetdrive guys.
    Gotta go....out...
    [ May 21, 2003, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]