Thread: Install Template for Berk JC?

DelawareDave
    Does anyone have the installation templates for a Berk 12JC? I have good reason to believe mine was installed wrong, and want to correct it while I am re-doing the boat.

There is no set patterns for install, however the intake does have perameters that need to be met. The setting needs to be square in the hull, centered on the center line of the keel, and level side to side. The intake depth is also critical, measure the intake depth with a straight edge down the keel through the pump area, it should not be above or below the keel plane. On the four corners of the intake the bolt holes are threaded, these are for adjusting the intake, when installing, and holding the intake in place while the epxoy cures. Other will chime in for more details, but this info will help determine if you are correct, about the intake not set right. Stay tuned for more info..
    Sleek

DelawareDave
    I did get the install instructions for my other boat, but they were for a Jacuzzi jet. According to the info, the pump was 3 inches off, which explained why the O-ring on the bowl was nowhere near the transom housing. I would think Berk also has OEM installation instructions and templates. I have a similar situation with this boat as well. I want the O-ring around the bowl to be in the transom ring where it belongs, as well. I could most likely just pre-assemble the pump back into the boat dry, and check it, but the transom right now is bowed. I need to fit it after the transom is replaced, and straight. I could also measure and do a cad drawing, and make my own templates, but it would be faster to use Berk templates.

The last place I saw that carried the marking template, was Hardin Marine Catalog number 0203-B-58777 Good luck on your search.
    Sleek