Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: N/W guys II

1978 Rogers
    I can't believe how sore my arms are. I didn't think I was clinching the wheel. I ache all over right now.
    The motor ran good, even picked about 200 rpm with the 750 mainbody upgrade or maybe with was the cold air. But my tach was at 5k. woo hoo. I have more water in the bilge as usual. At first it was the gasket where my hose connects to the ball valve by the pump. I felt around the frost plugs when we got back, they felt dry. I wonder where the water is coming from. :idea: :cry: I hope its something simple.

JETBOY03
    wish i could of been out on the water with you today chris. glad you guy had fun. is anyone still planning on going out tomarrow? you know i make a good passenger.

malcolm
    It just hit me that you went out on the lake today Chris!
    So that carb helped out, good deal!

1978 Rogers
    It just hit me that you went out on the lake today Chris!
    So that carb helped out, good deal!
    Yes it did. I need a GPS to see what speed I gained. I'd to do it around here and see if I get the same at Moses. I think your's just reads slow.

1968Droptop
    Hey Matt,
    . I'll be ordering more goodies next week, like that oil cooler,
    Hey Malcolm. I've heard that oil coolers aren't the best thing to use. Since our engines have an unlimitied supply of cool water, they can run quite cool. The oil gets cooled too much, never letting the engine warm up internally. Just a thought for you. Wish I was at the lake today, but we'll be out there soon enough....
    Changing the get together to March 11th would be just fine with us. In fact we can ink the Calender if everyone wants ???
    Chris (78Rogers) what lake did you go to ?

Konabud
    Let's see 3 weeks.... would that be March 4?
    We're out for that day, having the twins 2nd birthday party here. If we could come at all it would be later

malcolm
    On the contrairy, oil coolers are the best thing to use. Just cuz the engine runs cool doesn't mean the oil isn't getting hot. Ask anyone with an oil temp gauge, the longer you run with the throttle down, the hotter the oil gets. Almost lost the 403 to it last year.

1968Droptop
    We're out for that day, having the twins 2nd birthday party here. If we could come at all it would be later
    How about the 11th ?
    I had heard the contrary Malcolm. Or at least that's what I thought I heard, could be wrong (but unlikely just ask my wife...lol)

Konabud
    On the contrairy, oil coolers are the best thing to use. Just cuz the engine runs cool doesn't mean the oil isn't getting hot. Ask anyone with an oil temp gauge, the longer you run with the throttle down, the hotter the oil gets. Almost lost the 403 to it last year.
    I'll have to agree with you on that one Malcolm after researching the things I could do to prolong my engine life a good rear pickup pan and an oil temp gauge were first on the list. Followed closely by an oil cooler if necessary. :smile:

Konabud
    How about the 11th ?
    The 11th works for me!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast