Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: N/W guys II

1978 Rogers
    Chris (78Rogers) what lake did you go to ?
    Creg & I went to Lake Washington, Jean Coulon park on the south end. If you go head up along the East side. Stay away from the West side of Mercer.
    Did you see the pics I posted of it yesterday? The names of the pics all started with "lake wash". Steeler fans, you have to over explain everything to them.

1978 Rogers
    The pic titled "chop" look the roughest. You can see white on some of the waves, but still not as bad as it was on the West side by Rainier Beach area. We didn't take any over in this area. They probably would have been blurry anyways from the rocking.

Konabud
    Just to add, all in all it was a great day! Clean refreshing air, beautiful scenery, whats a little water between friends! It was certainly a good mid winter fix and just wanted to say thanks again Chris for the great ride! It makes me want to get mine back on the water all the more!

Captain Assin' Off
    Chris, it looks like you guys had fun, although a little cool. We'll have to GPS @ Moses this summer. Malcolm is right on with oil temperatures '68. These engines never coast, and unlike a car motor, there is no cool air blasting away at the pan to cool things down. I frequently hit near 300 degrees, and stop for cool downs. I'll have to add a cooler this year as well. The water temp is usually the problem child with our kind of boats. The flow is fast, and the water takes all the heat with it. I monitor my flow in and out, and also monitor water pressure. I run right at 200 degrees water temp, and when I idle around, I have a 1 G.P.M. pump running to my headers to keep them from bluing from extended low R.P.M. drive arounds. We battle oil/water temp issues all the time, especially with the change in conditions that we encounter. The lakes are warm, and the rivers are cool. I may just do E.F.I. to get around the atomization issues that a cold intake does to you. Just a 9 hour day today, Yahoo! I get some shop time today, and tomorrow morning we have to do a dive in the skykomish river to clear a well sump...Brrrr.....

1968Droptop
    Well the score is Chris 1, other guys 3 on the oil temp issue. It's looking more and more like I was miss informed. I'm always ready to learn, and it look like today is a good day for that. I cureently don't ahve an oil cooler, or an oil temp gauge. I'd like to add the gauge, but I don't want to cut a new hole in the dash. Do your oil temps swing fast ? If not, maybe I can add one in the engine compartment that can be viewed from the drivers seat. At least I could turn my head and check. But if they swing rapidly, then I'll have to consider something else.
    I talked with Sleepy Chris and Creg about coming over on Satrurday the 11th of March. They both siad that would work. All of you N/Wer's are invited.
    Creg, did you get ahold of Chad ? Curious minds want to know if you've got a new project ?

malcolm
    My Dad's B-day is March 8th, so I might have a hard time making this one as well. :skull: Starting to sound like a broken record.....

1968Droptop
    My Dad's B-day is March 8th, so I might have a hard time making this one as well. :skull: Starting to sound like a broken record.....
    Showin your age Malcom, it's the 00's, you mean the CD has a scrath in it..lol. So your doing something with your dad on the 11th ?

malcolm
    I figured you'd know what I meant.
    Nothing's planned yet, but the family usually does some kind of B-day thing on the following Sat. Don't want to get in trouble.

1968Droptop
    I figured you'd know what I meant.
    Oh I knew what you meant, just jabbin ya in the side. I really should of used the word "OUR" age, as we're all about the same (except for *SSMAN, aka JetBoy). My 4yo is going to be amazed when he gets old enough to understand that I didn't have a remote for the TV, video games, cell phones, computers, or CD's when I was growing up. I can just see the look on his face right now, why do they call that an 8-Track....lmoa !

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast