Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Desert Storm Poker Run

dm25advantage
    first time hitting up the poker run..... should be good but i have a few questions.
    1. what day is the poker run?
    2. where's the best spot on the lake to anchor and watch the boats on by?

Havasu1986
    Sat. the 28th and some say down towards the Springs. We were outside Steamboat last year and it was nice there.

mach22buck
    what time does the race start?

LakeRacer
    It's not a race. It's a poker run.

LHC30Victory
    This event is NOT A RACE! While some folks treat it as such, it is not a closed course and if drivers pretend they are racing, poker runs will be short lived.....
    'Nough said 'bout that
    Saturday is the poker run, the first wave (the fastest boats) usually kick off at 9am and they may make a parade pass through the channel on their way to the first stop. If you are at Steamboat, then these boats are just spooling up there. The real speed is further down the river....
    BTW - I have it on good authority that the plead for charity contributions by the "Spectators" has been very, very slim....Come on now, anty up - it may be tax deductible :idea:

UnionJack
    will they post the grouping's online?

Havasu1986
    Are they still having the boat show on thurs. on McCulloch. And how many boats will be there. I told my snowbird he had to leave a day early so I could go.

LHC30Victory
    Dont know about posting the grouping on-line as it may depend on actual registration and show ups...
    The street party is on as of this post..I think there is another thread about the boats that are coming...

LaveyOne
    Dont know about posting the grouping on-line as it may depend on actual registration and show ups...
    The street party is on as of this post..I think there is another thread about the boats that are coming...
    Are they mailing out the P.R. packages or are they to be picked up at the registration/welcome party?
    If I haven't received mine yet, should I be concerned?

LHC30Victory
    Sorry, I only have a little info...and that is not part of what I know about.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast