Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Looking for house in Havasu...

INSman
    Thanks for all the output.... I have pretty much always stayed in the central/north area of Havasu. I notice there seems to be alot of houses for sale down south. Do the HBr's with houses down south like it down there?? Are there any realistic plans for a boat launch down that way??
    I have no clue about any more boat launch ramps, but I will say this:
    There seems to be a large disparity in houses above and below the $300-$325k range, meaning absolutely NO disrespect to anyone selling a home below that range. My advice would be to step up to something on the higher end of what you can afford to get the largest place you can with the nicest view, as those are (2) big factors that will separate you from many others when it comes time for you to sell, and/or rent out to snowbirds or whomever. Once you buy, you are pretty much stuck with the size and view or lack thereof.

Newcastle
    I really like the south end myself. Seems like there are alot of newer houses and nicer looking neighborhoods than central. Not really sure about the north end.
    I haven't heard anything reference a southend launch either. I usually just drive up to Windsor, then it gives you a reason to stop on the way home at Red Robin for dinner.
    No disrespect taken INS. The reason mine is cheaper than everything else new (2003) with 8' doors, 3/2, 3 car boat deep is only because of the government land behind it. There are some towers on the land. This house on the other side of the street would be priced more like 300k than 265k.

ChumpChange
    There seems to be a large disparity in houses above and below the $300-$325k range, meaning absolutely NO disrespect to anyone selling a home below that range.
    So are you saying that selling mine for $329,000 is good or bad?

Havasu Cig
    I would wait to see what the market does. There is a lot of stuff sitting out there right now and with the way the market seems to be trending here in So.Cal. I think prices are going to be coming down.
    I know a couple people trying to sell here and they are probably going to have to lower their prices below apparaised value because they are not getting any bites. IMO this will effect pricing in havasu, not to mention the people that bought out there with interest only home equity loans from their house out here. My.02.

INSman
    So are you saying that selling mine for $329,000 is good or bad?
    I am sure it is lovely, just personally have never seen it. It is a "Generalization" of mine based on what I am seeing. Lot's of cheaper stuff, that is just that "cheaper". If you want something nicer, larger and with a view, you have to step up to some bigger dollars, typically $300k +

SummitKarl
    Thanks for all the output.... I have pretty much always stayed in the central/north area of Havasu. I notice there seems to be alot of houses for sale down south. Do the HBr's with houses down south like it down there?? Are there any realistic plans for a boat launch down that way??
    about 10yrs ago the central/north side was in favor, during the recent boom the South side took off to a point equal to if not above the central/north side
    As Havasu grew there became less and less distinction between the two ends of town, the reason you see more resales on the south side of town is, people are just turning their equity on the older homes that have benefited from the growth of Havasu
    The south side as some of the most spectacular homes and views in Havasu
    but just to be realistic 250-300k is going to get you a nice home most likely 10+ years old, with most new homes sell in the low 400's, but I do know where there are a couple BRAND new homes with your requirements in the $370k range for a Hot Boat Forum member :wink:

OGShocker
    Boy aren't you generalizing. Yes there are some real pieces of work in this town that call themselves realtors but I assure you my wife, who is a Realtor (and the VP of the Association of Realtors and was Education Chair last year AND recieved the Distinguished Realtor Award for 2005) is not as you say. I have a lot of real estate dealings in this town and my wife got her ticket so I did not have to put up with dipsh*ts. Granted, Michele is a very proffesional realtor at least from dealing with her from my side.
    I guess I should have said... many other agents. Sorry, franky.

Havasu Cig
    My uncle has a place on the south side and our place is central (about a mile up and just north of the bridge) and in my opinion I would want to be either central or north for a vacation house. If I was living out there it would not matter as much, but that extra 10 minute drive to and from the ramps makes a difference to me. I can be at Windsor or the Marina in a couple of minutes. My uncle has a 10-15 minute drive depending on traffic. Most of the nicer places to eat are central or north as well. When I am there for 2-3 days I don't like to spend the extra time driving around to get somewhere. My.02

SummitKarl
    I would wait to see what the market does. There is a lot of stuff sitting out there right now and with the way the market seems to be trending here in So.Cal. I think prices are going to be coming down.
    I know a couple people trying to sell here and they are probably going to have to lower their prices below apparaised value because they are not getting any bites. IMO this will effect pricing in havasu, not to mention the people that bought out there with interest only home equity loans from their house out here. My.02.
    it's just the time of year...very typical for things to slow Nov-Feb, boaters buy towards the end of Summer and Snow birds buy towards the end of April/May......so just from my exp. I am waiting till May before I say there is any change in the market in Havasu. none of the home builders I deal with or talk with have seen their load lighten up, for the most part all the owners of these companies just shake their head "what slow down", so unless we are all lying to each other all seems good and we are just returning to our steady pace before the panic buying that went on over the last 3 yrs.

Havasu Cig
    it's just the time of year...very typical for things to slow Nov-Feb, boaters buy towards the end of Summer and Snow birds buy towards the end of April/May......so just from my exp. I am waiting till May before I say there is any change in the market in Havasu. none of the home builders I deal with or talk with have seen their load lighten up, for the most part all the owners of these companies just shake their head "what slow down", so unless we are all lying to each other all seems good and we are just returning to our steady pace before the panic buying that went on over the last 3 yrs.
    You need to look at what the economist with no real estate bias are saying along with what is happening in the market. I have friends that have been in the business along time and they all say things are going to adjust (behind closed doors of course). I looked at a 2600 Sq.Ft. house out there on.4 acres in the new sailing Hawk development and they are asking 900k for it. I just had to laugh. That is more per Sq.Ft.than San Diego. I think the real estate people out there need to remember where they are at. I have heard the vacation destination line from a few of them, but they need to remember where most of the money is coming from. As California goes so will Havasu. Nothing last forever and the real estate boom is over IMO. When the market adjust I will be looking to buy.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast