Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Looking for house in Havasu...

INSman
    Anyone sitting around waiting for a "correction", will likely be sitting around and waiting for a long time. If SK doesn't have his finger on the pulse of what is happening in Havasu, then I don't know who the heck else would !!
    Enough of the "Doom and Gloom", the glass is half full, not half empty.

SummitKarl
    You need to look at what the economist with no real estate bias are saying along with what is happening in the market. I have friends that have been in the business along time and they all say things are going to adjust (behind closed doors of course). I looked at a 2600 Sq.Ft. house out there on.4 acres in the new sailing Hawk development and they are asking 900k for it. I just had to laugh. That is more per Sq.Ft.than San Diego. I think the real estate people out there need to remember where they are at. I have heard the vacation destination line from a few of them, but they need to remember where most of the money is coming from. As California goes so will Havasu. Nothing last forever and the real estate boom is over IMO. When the market adjust I will be looking to buy.
    I have nothing to do with Real Estate, I Design homes for several builders in Town and pull building permits "THATS ALL", on AVG. over the last 3yrs I represent 8-11% of residential permits pulled in Havasu, I am just telling like it is from my desk.........NO SLOW DOWN IN NEW RESIDENTIAL BUILDING PERMITS AT MY DESK!!!!!!!!! I can't speak for the other 90% of the market, but my 10% or so slice keeps me busy 18+hrs a day and right now I would say about 6-9hrs a day revolves around serving HBF members needs in building Homes in Lake Havasu, I don't know what the future holds, my phone may never ring again........but I doubt it
    even if the market slows from it crazy 30% growth and returns to it's 10 yr avg of 12-15% SO WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will take 15% per year on my money ANY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , I invested $70k in Havasu 10 yrs ago, WHOLLY FRICK!!! what a return, Jamaican retirement here I come MAHN

Kilrtoy
    We live on the extreme south end of town and we love it....
    We plan on moving in the next year and we will only be looking in the south. LOT less traffic and people. Granted as already stated, longer drives to the ramps and downtown. But we like it that way... On my block which is small my house is the oldest, at 6 years old..... We will aloso look on the river side of the 95 when the time comes...

Ivan Dan
    My uncle has a place on the south side and our place is central (about a mile up and just north of the bridge) and in my opinion I would want to be either central or north for a vacation house. If I was living out there it would not matter as much, but that extra 10 minute drive to and from the ramps makes a difference to me. I can be at Windsor or the Marina in a couple of minutes. My uncle has a 10-15 minute drive depending on traffic. Most of the nicer places to eat are central or north as well. When I am there for 2-3 days I don't like to spend the extra time driving around to get somewhere. My.02
    From the south end of town its only a few extra minutes to get to the ramps. The town is only like 10-15 miles long total so it couldn't be much extra time from one end to the other. Also, on a busy weekend when Windsor is full us folk on the south end have a head start to a secret little launch about 13 miles towards Parker (sshhhhssshhhh don't tell anyone though).

Bad Puddy Tat
    When I moved out here 2 years ago we looked at all parts of Havasu. What I liked most about the extreme south end is that I could get over an acre of land a decent size house (3000 sq. ft + 2200 sq ft. of garages) with a pool and only had to pay about 10K more than the basic lot size and smaller house size that you find in central and north part of town. Like some one else said Havasu is only about 13 miles long How far are you going to hae to drive? Hell when I lived in OC I thought nothing about driving 25-40 miles for dinner. Besides who needs windsor when you have the secret launch ramp

Supultlbich
    We bought our property in the Central/North part of town. The hoouse will be done some time next month. We basicly felt that the long drive back to the house after all day on the water was not what we wanted. Also as a home we will be using as a Vacation home it is closer to most of the stores and watering holes we tend to frequent.
    I will agree that the South end has alot of wonderfull views and seemingly larger lots. We are just happy yo be able to afford what we got.
    As far as the real estate market i agree with SK. If a slow down means the market only gaining 5-10% a year I'm in for that all day long. I think it boils down to supply and demand, more people and not enough homes. Even if the Fed continues to raise the short term interest rate, which it seems they will do, there will still be people who need homes. Just my $02

sdpm
    From what I have read, the average working class person in Havasu, now can not afford a home there. What are they going to do? Where are they going to live? Is Havasu going to turn into a rental town? If all the homes are bought up by non residents then what? What area is going to be the getto? Something has to give.

SummitKarl
    From what I have read, the average working class person in Havasu, now can not afford a home there. What are they going to do? Where are they going to live? Is Havasu going to turn into a rental town? If all the homes are bought up by non residents then what? What area is going to be the getto? Something has to give.
    Same goes for So. Cal, most require a dual income to survive, which makes Havasu no different than any other place

Havasu Cig
    From the south end of town its only a few extra minutes to get to the ramps. The town is only like 10-15 miles long total so it couldn't be much extra time from one end to the other. Also, on a busy weekend when Windsor is full us folk on the south end have a head start to a secret little launch about 13 miles towards Parker (sshhhhssshhhh don't tell anyone though).
    My uncle's place is off Oro Grande and it is more than just a few minutes. He is 8 miles from my house which takes 10-15 minutes driving time between the two depending on traffic. I live about a mile or so from Windsor so it is easy to do the math. As far as going south to launch, it is a little bit of a drive and if you get stuck behind traffic it will take longer than going to Windsor. Just trying to give my opinion from experience over the last 6 years we have owned a house there. Take it for what's it's worth...

Havasu Cig
    Same goes for So. Cal, most require a dual income to survive, which makes Havasu no different than any other place
    The problem is the job market in Havasu. Low paying for the most part unless you own a decent business. We will see how it pans out, but some of the confidence I hear from realtors out there sounds like So.Cal. in about 89-90.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast