Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Looking for house in Havasu...

Havasu Cig
    Anyone sitting around waiting for a "correction", will likely be sitting around and waiting for a long time. If SK doesn't have his finger on the pulse of what is happening in Havasu, then I don't know who the heck else would !!
    Enough of the "Doom and Gloom", the glass is half full, not half empty.
    So.Cal. is already starting to correct, and from an outsiders view of Havasu it sure seems like a lot of the same stuff for sale out there. I went out a few weeks ago after not being out there for a couple months and a lot of the same homes were still for sale. If this was a year ago they would have been bought by someone to flip and you don't see that happening. Like I said above we will see what happens.

Shawny Mac
    You guyz are are offering up some good advice.. I'd liike to buy b4 the summer comes, but I have a wedding to pay for in October..... Would I be safe in saying that the prices of houses are definitely not going to increase over the next year ???

INSman
    You guyz are are offering up some good advice.. I'd liike to buy b4 the summer comes, but I have a wedding to pay for in October..... Would I be safe in saying that the prices of houses are definitely not going to increase over the next year ???
    I would not go that far, but you could possibly not pay much more if you bought when the market is typically slower in November to January.

Supultlbich
    I think it is safe to say that you cant get hurt buying a house or property anywhere as long as you can afford it without creative financing. Real estate is the way to go if you can afford it I.E. 20% down fixed rate financing. So in a nutshell if your robbing peter to pay paul you probably should opt out. As far as Havasu goes the prices will continue to go up, but probably not as much as the past few years. I dont think the prices will be the same, but not much higher.

Havasu1986
    My 1st i had built was on Sabino by the AM/PM. Then I bought a new and bigger house above the high school. We love how quiet it is being up there. But it was so much easier and faster to get anywhere being down low. I would love to be below the highway by Windsor, might look at the Refuge.

little rowe boat
    Have you called Michele yet????

Newcastle
    Have you called Michele yet????
    No kidding...call her! She'll give you good, honest input. She's well versed with the market and will tell you what is your best bet for what you're willing to spend and what qualities are most importart to you in a home.
    Let's face it, everybody's in a different position financially and do what's best for you.
    At the beginning of 2005, when I started looking, home prices in Havasu had already gone up the 2 years prior. Some people said I was crazy and I 'missed the boat.' Well, equity still went up and I'm glad I bought. Funny thing is I've got a wedding to pay for this October too, so this house has gotta go :cry:

SummitKarl
    Baring any Katrina like disasters, it hit us hard out here, concrete went way up this year, what cost 12k to pour now cost 18k, lumber is the same way.
    my guess is because the resale market is flooded in Havi right now, resale prices should remain flat till it filters itself out

Seasday
    Shawny, get over to the SPAM. North side, boat deep, BLM and I'm dealin'. Let's talk!

waterwitch
    We live on the extreme south end of town and we love it....
    We plan on moving in the next year and we will only be looking in the south. LOT less traffic and people. Granted as already stated, longer drives to the ramps and downtown. But we like it that way... On my block which is small my house is the oldest, at 6 years old..... We will aloso look on the river side of the 95 when the time comes...
    WHAT??? Tell me this is not so!!!!!!!!!!
    Are you going to be working for the school district out here?
    Just an FYI... you can look at the MLS listings to get an idea of
    what is available on line. You can still find great homes under 300k, that
    are NOT 10 years old.
    Good luck to you!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast