I've been trying to find a flat bottom for sale - central coast area. So far i've found 90% jets, but a few v-drives, which is what I want. I don't want too much motor-SB is fine, and I will pay up for a good example. I'd prefer a stock boat, but you don't see many of these!!
I looked at a 71 Sanger family ski boat near here (19' flat). It was sound, but the gel coat was checked, and it looked just old, which of course it is. Can I find something a little better? Or is this just par for the course, since these things are getting up there in years? I don't like the idea of redoing the gelcoat!
I also saw a really nice time warp early Sanger flat on a trailer at Wal Mart in Paso Robles- wow, this thing was perfect and untouched. IT LOOKED LIKE IT ROLLED RIGHT OUT OF 1967! The metal flake was faded, but the gel coat was perfect. It was on a trailer with a black plate pulled by a similar vintage chevy van! The dash was uncut - gauges on a bracket on the bell housing, just a Sun tach on the column..Probably not for sale, i figured. I wish I had my camera!!