Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB flat bottom - what's out there?

auto
    I've been trying to find a flat bottom for sale - central coast area. So far i've found 90% jets, but a few v-drives, which is what I want. I don't want too much motor-SB is fine, and I will pay up for a good example. I'd prefer a stock boat, but you don't see many of these!!
    I looked at a 71 Sanger family ski boat near here (19' flat). It was sound, but the gel coat was checked, and it looked just old, which of course it is. Can I find something a little better? Or is this just par for the course, since these things are getting up there in years? I don't like the idea of redoing the gelcoat!
    I also saw a really nice time warp early Sanger flat on a trailer at Wal Mart in Paso Robles- wow, this thing was perfect and untouched. IT LOOKED LIKE IT ROLLED RIGHT OUT OF 1967! The metal flake was faded, but the gel coat was perfect. It was on a trailer with a black plate pulled by a similar vintage chevy van! The dash was uncut - gauges on a bracket on the bell housing, just a Sun tach on the column..Probably not for sale, i figured. I wish I had my camera!!

Lumpy
    Auto,
    Just keep your eyes open. You will find a v-drive eventually. I am in central california and had been looking for a v-drive for a long while. Well I saw one in the local classified one day and went to look at it. It is a 69 Miller flattie, with a fresh 427 chevy, velvet drive tranny, adjustable cavitation plates, new interior, tandem axle trailer, etc for $3500. The guy I bought it from was 72 years old and owned it since new. It was in the garage most all its life. I have been using it all summer with no problems and it runs like a dream. You will find one. Just be patient. Here is a pic of my tow rig and boat. I don't know how to post a pic but here is the link.
    http://community.webshots.com/photo/...45789421nZsufl
    Good Luck! Lumpy

auto
    Thanks for the reply. Nice looking rig - you really lucked out. I guess the stuff is out there, you just have to keep looking.
    Bruce

blondie#1
    Check with circlejerk. He knows of lots of them around the washington state area. He might be able to help you. I know of a dragboat for sale. But they only go straight they don't turn very well. There is a bezer for sale in Oregon. Check with boatguy222. He is on the forum alot. goodluck to you. We just had a friend buy a 16foot jones starfire in Isaquah last weekend. It needs some work but that is par for the course. They are out there, most diffenetly.

superdave013
    Here is one that might be a good project.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1848334281

HM
    Hey Lumpy,
    I tried to post that picture, and Hot Boat has a source problem with it. So if you have tried to post other pics from that web were you store these pics - it is not your fault!
    If you want to post pics on the forum, you need to upload the pics into the Hot Boat Gallery, and then source the image from there.
    [ August 06, 2002, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: HolyMoly ]

smalls
    OOPS
    [ August 06, 2002, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: smalls ]

smalls
    THE ONE ON THE RIGHT IS FOR SALE. NOT SURE ON PACKAGE OR PRICE? IT IS OUT OF THE SACREMENTO AREA. [img]http://free.***boat.net/photoreport/42/01.jpg[/img]
    [ August 06, 2002, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: smalls ]

CircleJerk
    Yes! We have an abundance of rigs up here in the Northwest if you care to tow. The average boats go for 3500-6000 complete with Sangers falling on the high end. A engine-less boat needing little can be had for 2000. I know of a Marlin smallblock complete for 4000 turnkey. Jerk eek!

auto
    Thanks everyone for the leads. I looked at the project on Ebay - high bid was $720! It's worth more for sure. Tough to sell a project.
    I'm looking for the best thing I can find. I don't mind doing motor, but I'd rather not tackle a hull. Also a small block is fine.
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast