Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: intake leak

tahitijet
    I've had a leak for the past few years and have been unable to find it i can fill the bilge with water and nothing comes out but put it in the water and after an hour of floating there is 4" of water in the bilge and about the same with 10 mins under power.
    i pulled my shoe today and noticed an oil slick running connecting between 2 bolt holes on the shoe with a small puddle on the forward hole (boat is always stored nose high) upon further inspection the 2 holes were full of oil/water so i guess it's safe to assume the holes somehow penetrate through the intake inside the boat. and allow water in while floating and force it in while underway. Has anyone else had this issue? would a little sealer on the bolts cure the problem or is the intake no good?
    any input anyone has would be great.

billet racing 1
    I was getting lots more water, causing the bildge to kick on constantly. Pulled the intake and about half teh apoxy had seperated between the hull and intake. found a crack also. Considering the abuse we give her, and the number of times we have flown it, not suprised
    May have to reset the intake.
    Jerry

cave
    Could it be your packing gland is done? When I get on it the water seams to flow into the boat. I tryed to tighten the coupler around the impeller shaft and found that I was already all the way in. Man I hope my leak isnt in the intake.

centerhill condor
    another way to determine if you have a leak on the suction side is if you have bubbles in your pressure stream? check it at idle with the diverter in the down position.
    Mine had an intake leak and would suck water out of the bilge while under way...wonderful world of jet boating!

tahitijet
    the pump is all new, has the dps seal in it and it's not leaking.. the boat will take on water as it sits. but i've never seen a drop come out of the seal. the intake is in good i reset it 3 years ago when i did the bottom and setback.. no issues under the boat taht would indicate a leak. just at the shoe

BrendellaJet
    I wonder if some antiseize would solve this problem....?

TahitiTiger
    for a while I had a water intrustion problem myself, but it was only in choppy water while the boat was sitting. The boat would mysteriously take on water. I came to find out it was my bilge pump out let. Every time the boat would rock enough it would let water into my boat. I have since gone to an auto bilge pump, and put a loop in my bilge hose. Dunno if that helps.

GUGS102
    with it on the trailer, put 2" of water in the boat and crawl under there and wait. If it's in the intake, it'll eventually find a way to the under side of the boat.
    Gugs

tahitijet
    for a while I had a water intrustion problem myself, but it was only in choppy water while the boat was sitting. The boat would mysteriously take on water. I came to find out it was my bilge pump out let. Every time the boat would rock enough it would let water into my boat. I have since gone to an auto bilge pump, and put a loop in my bilge hose. Dunno if that helps.
    already had the same issue installed an inline check valve on mine

tahitijet
    with it on the trailer, put 2" of water in the boat and crawl under there and wait. If it's in the intake, it'll eventually find a way to the under side of the boat.
    Gugs
    tried it water would never leak out.. i pulled all the bolts out of the shoe and i'm gonna try it agian to see. My thinking is with the bolts in it's needing the weight of the boat to force the water in and under way it's forcing it in quickly. I'm gonna fill it tomorrow and try it agian.
    I was thinking maybee some teflon paste on the bolt threads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast