Thread: single ram convert to double ram steering

prosthogod
    I know it's a boating question, I'm sorry. If I have single ram now how involved is it to go to double ram and ~how much$. Not talking about full hydrolic to the helm.
    It's Imco now.

dirty old man
    Talk to Ron at IMCO Nevada. He's one of the best experts in steering and can probably ship the necessary items same day. They're in Boulder City

BADBLOWN572
    You will need an additional ram, approximately 12' of hydraulic hose, new front cap, T's for the split, new transom mount, and connectors. It is a very simple switch over from the single. My guess is that you would be looking somewhere between $1200-1500 for the system.

BAM CUSTOM
    I wen't from assisted to full hydraulic, and the cost was about 1600.
    Best thing I ever did. Call and talk to Tom Bucanncan at WPM, Warlock Power Marine in Corona,CA. He'll set you up, if not give you all the answers you need.

BADBLOWN572
    I wen't from assisted to full hydraulic, and the cost was about 1600.
    Best thing I ever did. Call and talk to Tom Bucanncan at WPM, Warlock Power Marine in Corona,CA. He'll set you up, if not give you all the answers you need.
    Not going to work if he wants to add to his existing system. The way I read the question was that he had an Imco single ram steering right now and wanted to expand that to dual ram. If that is the case, you would have to stick with Imco. The WPM and Imco mounting hardware is different and the rams are different lengths. Stick with one manufacturer.
    Sounds like you had the twin ram before and just added the helm.