Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I bitch about the Border Patrol?

Mandelon
    Coming back from the desert on the 8 last sunday afternoon......there is a place where the BP runs a checkpoint. They funnel all the cars, big rigs and mohos towing the sand toys down to one lane. It backs way up and can take 15 minutes of sitting to get through it.
    Most frustrating on a sunday afternoon, everyone just wants to get home and we are tired and dirty.....The roadblock is up and we wait, and wait...finally get to one lane all nice and merged.....get to the checkpoint and its not monitered. Green light says pass on through....
    6 (No exaggeration) uniformed BPs standing around at the top of the hill, drinking coffee and laughing it up. Backs turned to the long line of cars.
    Its not so much that I mind waiting in line if we are having the vehicles looked at and checked, but to be made to wait for no reason is insulting. At least they could have had their coffee klatch meeting over near the line and pretended they were looking for illegals and terrorist invaders....
    Rant mode: off. Thank you for your cooperation.

Moneypitt
    With all the hoopla lately about the border, this is something that could be exploited by one side or the other...........It is usually that way at the produce check point on the 40 just west of Needles, funnel everyone down, and nobodys home...........And I agree, don't mind the wait if there is actual inspections being done. No checks, open the damm road up............MP

WUTWZAT
    Not to defend them, but what usually happens is illegals recognize the back up as a check point and start crossing the highway and finding other routes. The eyes in the sky are looking for those and they have other vehicals that go looking for them. I know on trips back from Parker we run across the same thing and the later in the day we return the more abandon cars we see scattered along the highway, some look as though they made a valiant attempt to get away even. :argue: I don't mind sitting in a little bit of traffic if it helps slow down the flow of stuff that shouldn't have crossed the border.
    Jason

Wet Dream
    It backs way up and can take 15 minutes of sitting to get through it.
    Dude, you're talking about 15 minutes. Big deal. It usually takes longer than that to fuel up and let the wife piss at a gas station. 15 minutes aint shit. Imagine sitting on a closed interstate with nowhere to go during a snow storm. or bad wreck. I've sat overnight due to closeures, road construction...etc. 15 mins? Do you realize that you probably took longer to type your rant than 15 minutes? You don't want to be inconvenienced by 15 minutes, but you want to be protected? :yuk:

Jbb
    I hit one on the way to Phoenix last summer to pick up my boat....at 1 am....the car in front of me was being completely gone thru.....I was wondering how I was going to explain a paper bag full of cash....and a .45....lol
    Told em I knew RD.....and they waved me right thru....

superdave013
    "Can I bitch about the Border Patrol?"
    dude, this is ***boat. You can bitch about anything you want.

Mandelon
    Dude, you're talking about 15 minutes. Big deal. It usually takes longer than that to fuel up and let the wife piss at a gas station. 15 minutes aint shit. Imagine sitting on a closed interstate with nowhere to go during a snow storm. or bad wreck. I've sat overnight due to closeures, road construction...etc. 15 mins? Do you realize that you probably took longer to type your rant than 15 minutes? You don't want to be inconvenienced by 15 minutes, but you want to be protected? :yuk:
    Protected, yes. Delayed for no reason, no. Did you read the post?
    If I am to wait, at least make it worthwhile, that's all I am saying.....
    I type fast, the rant was a two minute job, tops.

burtandnancy
    North 15 near Temecula used to be bad, they squeezed 6 lanes down to 2 and put one officer between the lanes. Twenty to thirty Bordor Patrol Vehicles parked out front. Think its better lately. The lost time to the public runs into the $millions per hour at every check point. At least the ones at Desert Center, Yermo and Needles are closed.

2Driver
    I'm sure while they were running that check point 8,000 illegals simply ran across somewhere southeast of Tucson.
    Build the wall! :220v:

Jordy
    They must have read the CHP thread and are no taking pointers. Nice work HH.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast