Kachina26
    I hope it wasn't you, if it was, I'm sure it was a pit owner. :idea:
    San Francisco Chronicle
    Amtrak engineer dragged off train, assaulted
    Michael Cabanatuan
    Tuesday, April 17, 2007
    * Printable Version
    * Email This Article
    (04-17) 19:44 PDT -- The engineer of an Amtrak Capitol Corridor train was seriously injured Monday night in West Sacramento after a group of people forced the train to stop, dragged the engineer from the train and assaulted him with rocks and bottles, according to Capitol Corridor officials.
    The attack occurred as the train from the Bay Area neared the I Street Bridge to Sacramento's rail station and slowed for a signal, said Eugene Skoropowski, managing director of the Capitol Corridor, said. A group of people stood on the tracks to block the train, which stopped. When the engineer went downstairs and opened the door, he was dragged off the train and assaulted, Skoropowski said.
    The engineer, who was taken by ambulance to UC-Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, suffered head injuries and possible internal injuries, he said. He remains hospitalized.
    Skoropowski is calling for more police patrols in the area, for all vegetation around the rails to be removed, for federal agencies to consider filing federal charges in the case, for Union Pacific Railroad to take steps to speed trains through the area and for additional security measures, including night-vision cameras.

boatsnblondes
    Nope, not me. But a good friend....maybe engineers can get CCW's like pilots???

Boatcop
    Maybe a case of mistaken identity.
    Where was Bilge last night?

HavaSkank
    What the hell? Sounds like a cheesey wild-wild west movie. I had no idea people were holding up trains since the invent of car jacking.
    How retro

soupersonic
    Just dont stop, they will move off the tracks one way or another

angry dad
    Glad it wasnt you bro!
    We all should be armed..........

boatsnblondes
    Well the story I heard goes like this...the engineer was at restricted speed...for you non railroad types..restricted speed is ANY speed that allows you to stop within half the range of vision, but NOT exceeding 20mph...so if you see something 100 feet ahead of you, you need to be going a speed that will stop you in 50 feet, GET IT? Good. So, he is doing RS, and he sees a guy standing between the rails ahead of him, and stops the train. Thinking this is a suicide or something, he gets down to get the guys out of the way. When he got down there, he got jumped. HE got hurt, but busted a guys nose in the process....theres a discussion going on in circles about whether or not getting down was prudent....not sure I would not have done the same thing.....hope this clarifies things a little.....

2 words
    throttle up.

Jordy
    2 words
    throttle up.
    2 more words: TRAIN HORN!!!

Baja Big Dog
    2 more words: TRAIN HORN!!!
    Yea right Jordy, and the next thing you know his knee's are broken!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast