Thread: that twin turbo alcohol hydro??????

badbug
    Anyone know if the Newton turbo hydro is a conventional headed bbc or spread port. From pics it looks like conv but not clear.

franky
    They are a Model 481-X (Oldsmobile style spreadport) head designed and made by Alan Johnson. Steelcomp could probably answer this one a little clearer.

steelcomp
    Nope,
    that's about as clear as it gets. They're making a billet conventional port BB Chev head, as well. Bad to the bone. There's talk of some really cool new stuff coming out of there in the next couple of years.

Fast Freddy
    the fair warning boat in the pic i have provided here runs a twin turbocharged 540 CI pontiac on alcohol. hes runs alot of boost. can't remember how much he said but it was somewhere between 40-65 psi. i have seen him run the liquid 1/4 mile at over 230 mph. the turbos are like the size of large pizzas!!

STV_Keith
    Is that the boat that comes out of RK Machine in CA?

the fair warning boat in the pic i have provided here runs a twin turbocharged 540 CI pontiac on alcohol. hes runs alot of boost. can't remember how much he said but it was somewhere between 40-65 psi. i have seen him run the liquid 1/4 mile at over 230 mph. the turbos are like the size of large pizzas!!
    You're talkin' about the same boat they're talkin' about ...

steelcomp
    Terry Newton / Lucas Oil / Blown Alky Hydro. That thing is bad to the bone!

franky
    Stories are coming out about a few changes to the program. Good news! Next season this boat will be the one to watch. Due to obvious reasons, Gary never got to dial the boat in to allow it to show its real potential. Will update soon.

Unforgiven
    Motor in question is the ALAN JOHNSON 481x OLDSMOBLIE we ran the same motor in our other Dragster